Id My Jonsy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
Wow! Sharp Eyes!

You are right about the clutch cover on the 70. It did come from my 621 extras. It fits fine, did the color give it away? As far as the 80 is concerned that's the way I got it. I'm not sure but isn't that the the way the top cover/ air filter is susposed to be? I do have a black hand guard for it thanks to Scott.......Bob

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
You are right about the clutch cover on the 70. It did come from my 621 extras. It fits fine, did the color give it away? As far as the 80 is concerned that's the way I got it. I'm not sure but isn't that the the way the top cover/ air filter is susposed to be? I do have a black hand guard for it thanks to Scott.......Bob

The filter cover on the 80s I have seen earlier (a fairly large number), all have been circular, not flat on the bottom.....

Here is one...

Farley9n

Farley9n

ArboristSite Guru
ForTroll

I see what you mean about the 80 filter cover. This 80 is just the way I got it. Walked into one of my favorite saw shops and it was sitting on the out bench. I told the owner of it that I really liked those 621's and he said it was an 80! Not a 621! $150 later it went home with me. All I have done to it is sharpen the chain and change the pull start spring. Despite the paint it's in excellent condition.......Now I guess I will have to find another filter cover. Perhaps gunnarfan can help with that.......Bob

gunnarfan

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Will go see the old dealer around the corner when it thaws a little... Its a below zero day today. One of my other neighbors also works on saws and is going to get one from the same guy to work on for $5. Its turning into a neighborhood work shop around here.

either that or that was one sly offer for the 80 thats coming in any day. guess i owe you for the 111s help.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
It is pretty usual that some parts have been moved around between the different models in that gereration of Jonsereds, as they often fit more models than the one they were made for........