ID / OD "Chart" for Clutch Side Shaft Needle Bearings, Anyone?? (I'm asking / hoping)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leaf

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
The story (because you might be wondering)... While just walkin' along, minding my own biz, were "thrown at me" several Husqvarna 440s. Turns out they are very easy and not expensive to "recover" -- replace piston/ring, do a uper quick carb kit... and have a saw that is very "utility" (that isn't an upscale top handle, etc. - just a 'starts/runs' super-easy "cleaning, etc. saw." Not lacking power.) BUT... fussy me, I really do prefer rim sprockets. And, as far as I can tell, there are only "officially" spur sprockets for that whole group 350... of Husky saws (mostly because the oil pump drive is the inside edge of the "spur." (And the 440s are natively .325 chain -- and my utililty saw (and top handle, for that matter) life is 3/8 lo pro.)

I'm sure I can cut the oil pump drive slots in a rim-drive clutch drum if I can figure out the part number for the right other Husky saw that will take rim sprockets. (The match is going to be in the needle bearing size... i/d and o/d. And then, yes clutch diameter.)

Any help with a table of needle bearing id/od by model number would be greatly appreciated. (by Stihl model, too, for somebody lurking, probably -- or me in a few months...)

Thanks, yes, that does help somewhat -- although, of course even after knowing the crankshaft diameter, the clutch hub extends from the - outside - of the needle bearing to the outside of the spring clutch assembly. ( I think there are needle bearings that go from .472 -- or one could press in a sleeve and turn it on a lathe pretty easily...) I probably have some saws to take apart and measure.... (I may trip over an Oregon 582462 ...)

Back