If all the same price, get the big saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLOBOTREE

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The 372XP, 575XP, and 385XP. I can't get them all but I have found all 3 for about the same price. Within $20.
So, I guess it makes sense to get the big one, the 385XP. However, it is bigger than I need.

It all comes down to your usage needs and what other saws you already have. Match the saw to the job. Since you have given absolutely no info regarding your needs, there is no way to answer your question.

If choosing between the 372 and 575, I'd choose the 372 as long as it's still available.

Have some excess power is often good, but you don't need a 7 hp saw for cutting a year's worth of firewood. We need to know what and how much you're cutting to know what you need. Too much saw isn't always a good thing. Neither is too much weight.

And why are they all the same price? Are they used, or are you buying them in an alley somewhere in the middle of the night?

Jeff

Hi Woodsman,

You need to do an honest appraisal of what you intend to do with the saw. If the lightest saw(372) will handle the wood to be cut, your production will be higher over the long run because you will most likely be able to work longer at one stretch.

Russ

fishhuntcutwood said:
Have some excess power is often good, but you don't need a 7 hp saw for cutting a year's worth of firewood.

Jeff

Says who? :buttkick:

I enjoy over-kill. But thats just me. :D

I would get the 372 over the 575 if it was me because it is tried and trusted, this is the first year for the 575 and nobody really knows what to expect.

Latest posts

Back