If I run out of chain oil..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen the pulpers here in Florida use 90W-140 rear gear lube for chain oil--these guys all use Husky 3120's and really treat them like crap but they hang in there & they swear that the rear gear lube that they buy in 55 gallon quantities is cheaper & is as good or better than any other chain lube on the market.--Some of these guys go through a gallon of lube per day & almost two gallons of fuel per saw...

If it's slimy and wet pour it in........it will lubricate.....isn't that the direction this thread is heading? lol......Wade

Originally posted by Bills Oak
I've seen the pulpers here in Florida use 90W-140 rear gear lube for chain oil--these guys all use Husky 3120's

Why in the world would you use a 3120 for pulp wood? Any tree that required a 3120 for me to cut is going to the saw mill.

Last edited:
They take these huge saws --put a bow on them & have at it--These guys are all built like a pro wrestler & they cut these trees up in 10 foot lengths--maybe 100 trees per day...

I get down to central Florida maybe once or twice a year, and I am always surprised at the volume of timber truck traffic I see. Usually they are clearing out pines, and most of the larger hardwoods are left standing.
Given that most new construction is cinder block, I figured it must be pulpwood supply. Is that the case?

Yes--most of it is pine--these guys down here use the big Husky Saws with bows attached & muscle their way through whole stands of pine--very impressive to watch them work--gotta be in ???? good shape to do this type of work for 7 hours a day 5 days a week..

Actually breathing oil is a well known health hazard, as it coats
the sacs in the lungs and allows pneumonia to start, and the lungs
have a hard time of getting rid of it.
I do not cut up all of the time, every now and then I bury a
small kernel of truth in my posts, OK a big kernel.

You should sell tickets, John...a day in the woods with you should be at least as much fun as a day at the carnival...

Latest posts

Back