Iggesund Forest chainsaw guide bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been to the woods nor used my saws for two months now, I am getting a little restless.

Those are nice saws AND bars, they additionally pop out on the snow covered ground. :clap:
I missed the chance to make a winter photo shoot, maybe I'll get another one. :)

Winter is the best season for gathering firewood, you gotta get out to the woods and do some sawing:chainsaw:.

I'm looking forward to winter pictures of the dolmar with the 36" bar.

Is that the 53" bar from post #21?

Makes the saws look puny! ;)

Yes, that is the 53" bar from post 21.

Winter is the best season for gathering firewood, you gotta get out to the woods and do some sawing:chainsaw:.

I'm looking forward to winter pictures of the dolmar with the 36" bar...
I personally prefer spring and autumn for firewood gathering, not to cold and not to hot. ;)

We currently have very warm weather, but I will arrange a photoshoot session the very next snow we get! :)

I am anxiously waiting for my firewood logs this year, hoping to get something worthy of my Iggesund Forest bar and my PS-7900. :chainsaw:

I'll be busy shortly here. Got the 281 running again(had ignition issues), and getting new chain in. Loads of timber on the ground from winter storms I need to clean up around the estate.

Here's my Husky 61 with a 34" bar.. it's a little nose-heavy, but really not terribly bad.. If you carry it by the brake handle it's balanced :) OK... It does suit the 394 or 2100 a lot better.

20151010_153731sm.jpg

Hi,

Great photo! :numberone:
How do you like the Iggesund bar?

You worked a "few" hours with the 7900, us I see.......:)
What is your experience about the 7900 so far?

The bar has only a few hours work on it but so far I'm very satisfied (30" by the way)

The 7900 is a good saw and you are right I use it a lot. :)

I personally prefer spring and autumn for firewood gathering, not to cold and not to hot. ;)

We currently have very warm weather, but I will arrange a photoshoot session the very next snow we get! :)

I am anxiously waiting for my firewood logs this year, hoping to get something worthy of my Iggesund Forest bar and my PS-7900. :chainsaw:

I don't really see how a 7900 can keep enough oil on a 36" bar though?

I don't really see how a 7900 can keep enough oil on a 36" bar though?
I kept and keep reading about the Dolmar/Makita 64xx/73xx/79xx saws being stingy on oil delivery!?
It even made me worry that I might encounter issues regarding sufficient lubrication when I purchased my 36" B&C setup - but no such thing.

How come I have no issues with oil amount on neither of my two saws?
Mine are early 2000's builds, is it possible they featured different oil pumps?
I doubt it though.
Do You guys use thicker oil then I/we use here in Croatia?

I don't know what to tell You, I just don't seem to have any oiling issues with mine and I don't seem to be completely alone on that.
After a work session, when I sharpen the chain (free hand filing) the chains are wet to the touch on my 20" B&C setup.
My 36" B&C setup has seen very little use thus far, but it was anything but dry when I hung it on the wall - there was even a tiny puddle of oil on the ground underneath the hung up bar a few days later.

The other day I chose to start my saws as they were sitting on the shelve for almost two months, my PS-6400 had no B&C mounted and it started pi$$ing oil from underneath the clutch cover while idling within seconds. My PS-7900 had her 20" B&C setup on and within a few throttle blips the ground underneath the entire bar length got oily wet.
I had to break out a cotton cloth to wipe the oil off the ground.

Anybody not liking how their 64xx/73xx79xx oils can feel free to send me their "defective" saws free of charge so they don't have to worry about sufficient oiling anymore. :D

P.S.:
My PS-6400 & PS-7900 seem to pump about the same amount of oil (just an estimated observation, nothing scientifically backed).
My PS-7900's pump is maxed out and one tank of oil (420ml) goes on one tank of fuel (750ml) in about 30 minutes bucking logs.
My PS-6400's oil pump is turned down a little bit because she'd end up without oil before spending a tank of fuel - I have her pump tuned to go 1-on-1 regarding oil-to-fuel and she's still spitting oil within a short out-of-the cut blip when checking oil flow.

Latest posts

Back