I'll never understand...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e-bay

E-bay is a little risky, check the ratings and if their isn't any ratings should be some kind of picture. Granted some of the newbies aren't familiar how to display their merchandise so e-mail or phone calls are the best commo. I have been kind of ripped on some purchases but some people have been really ripped.
Sachs Dolmar 113. Is that one of the rotary engine saws that used to be floating around. Sachs used to, maybe still, manufactor a rotary engine motorbike?

I never buy from anyone with less than 99% and never an item without pics. You do have to be aware, but I bought an 056 Mag last night for a song. We'll find out when it gets here, but I'm planning a rebuild, so if it's missting something, or something needs rebuilt no big deal. It's the folks that buy a saw, and plan on using it as new right out of the box. They're often disapointed.

In my searches I found an auction listed as an 056 Mag, which was actually a standard, and the picture was terrible, so without knowing what to look for, they took it at face value. Went for a Mag price. Man, are they gonna be upset when they get it.

Jeff

our own retoocs is high bidder. Hey, if he's willing to risk $50 on it, then I wish him good luck and hope it's not a ripoff. Too many risks for me to bother playing the game, I'd rather buy from someone I trust.

Django,

I have not seen you around in a long, long time. Maybe I have just been in the dark or maybe you have been building a outdoor furnace and a flywheel splitter for me. :laugh: In any event I am glad to see you here.

Bill

Haven't been around much. Been busy with other stuff. I sure haven't been cutting much wood, it's been so warm this year I cant get into the woods.
I don't think it's been below freezing during the day for a month. I built a different log splitter though. The flywheel job was just too much. I built a screw type splitter witha 16hp Wisconsin and a chevy truck transmission that I like very much.

skwerl said:
our own retoocs is high bidder. Hey, if he's willing to risk $50 on it, then I wish him good luck and hope it's not a ripoff. Too many risks for me to bother playing the game, I'd rather buy from someone I trust.

I didn't win either saw, the dolmar or the 70E he was selling. I guess somebody is willing to risk a little more than I am.

I looked the 1-800 number up and verified that it belonged to the company that was selling the saws and gave a quick call to talk to real people. While it could have been a scam I think it was probably a new seller who is stupid about how to list an auction on ebay.

Thanks for posting the thread, it gave me an opertunity for a couple of good deals:D

you have to watch out for, .99 buy it know, 80.00 shipping, if something go's bad you get refunded .99 lose 80.00 shipping.

I used to have one of those Sachs Dolmar saws back in the late 70's.

It was a nice running saw, my problem was that I was learning how to sharpen chain back then so it spent a lot of time screaming away and not cutting much wood!

Back