I'm 13 and I just built this firewood stand.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

Are you enrolled in Vocational Agriculture classes at your school and in FFA? That is a good SAE project than can lead to your State and American FFA degrees.
Nope. I don't have that around here. Just want to get myself a chainsaw for carving with. I want to keep my 194 for firewood cutting and I want to get an MSE 141 for carving.

It is an absolute beautiful job and you know that. These days so many people do not use their talents, do not take advantage of resources they come across, and have zero entrepreneur drive. You will succeed. You will likely get ripped off from time to time. You will figure out a way to keep most folks honest but you will have started. I did my first tree removal job when I was fourteen and I knew pretty much nothing but kept going. Thanks

14? Wow. What was your saw? Mine are a Husky 340 (1999) and a Stihl MS 194c rear handle (2023) I am also soon hoping to buy stihl's smallest corded chainsaw so I can do some carving.
It is an absolute beautiful job and you know that. These days so many people do not use their talents, do not take advantage of resources they come across, and have zero entrepreneur drive. You will succeed. You will likely get ripped off from time to time. You will figure out a way to keep most folks honest but you will have started. I did my first tree removal job when I was fourteen and I knew pretty much nothing but kept going. Thanks

14? Wow. What was your saw? Mine are a Husky 340 (1999) and a Stihl MS 194c rear handle (2023) I am also soon hoping to buy stihl's smallest corded chainsaw so I can do some carving.
My first saw was a gear driven McCulloch chainsaw that was pretty old when I came across it. I think I bought it in 65 and it needed every thing like the bar was not in great shape as was the sprocket was nearly worn out. I pinched the bar found another sprocket that I ground to make it fit and away I went. It does not matter what saw you buy or even how you get it. The only thing that is important is to start. Options always pop up that you did not expect. A corded saw makes plenty of sense for carving. You could start cutting or carving any time with out bothering any body. Thanks

My first saw was a gear driven McCulloch chainsaw that was pretty old when I came across it. I think I bought it in 65 and it needed every thing like the bar was not in great shape as was the sprocket was nearly worn out. I pinched the bar found another sprocket that I ground to make it fit and away I went. It does not matter what saw you buy or even how you get it. The only thing that is important is to start. Options always pop up that you did not expect. A corded saw makes plenty of sense for carving. You could start cutting or carving any time with out bothering any body. Thanks
Yep. I am not going to go any further than a MSE 141. I need to have a saw compatible with my chaps. I have a snotty old lady who lives across the road from me who has repeatedly confronted me and emailed my mother. She even gets mad when I am running my woodworking tools. As they would say in Finnish, she is Ykä.

Nice job. Good to see young men being so entrepreneurial.

Hard to see, but the wood looks rather green. Firewood should always dry for a year (more or less, depending on the species) before selling.

Good luck with the carving. Keep us posted on your progress!

Nice job. Good to see young men being so entrepreneurial.

Hard to see, but the wood looks rather green. Firewood should always dry for a year (more or less, depending on the species) before selling.

Good luck with the carving. Keep us posted on your progress!
The wood is dried and lights up great when hit for one minute with the propane torch.

Might try setting up one of those door bell cameras so you can see when someone is picking up wood. You might be able to talk to them in real time on your phone and that may keep most people honest. Good job and remember, without risk, there is no reward. Keep up the hustle kid.

Might try setting up one of those door bell cameras so you can see when someone is picking up wood. You might be able to talk to them in real time on your phone and that may keep most people honest. Good job and remember, without risk, there is no reward. Keep up the hustle kid.
Thank you. I think for the price of a doorbell I can give a local kid a flamethrower and sprayer full of gas for cheaper and more deterring. I thought it was quite rude when people would wag their fingers in my direction as i stood there with a huge red arrow

One thing that I have done a little with that has some merit. I added some chain link fencing onto a locked trailer and thus enclosed the trailer. I set up several compartments on the trailer with combination locks. A buyer drives up sends in a payment through PayPal and I give him or her a combination to a compartment. I got several cheap combination locks to keep changing so no knows all the combination numbers. I have also taken wood to a few families that are most often at home and they collect some commission on each sale. Here during high seasons wood sells at more than a hundred bundles a day so some times just baby sit the pile in the afternoon for a few hours. Thanks

Latest posts

Back