My firewood stand all ready for the 4th of july.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 13 years old and this is my firewood stand. Wish me luck this 4th of july! I hope I can get that 261 I want.

Looks good.

Is some of that wood cherry?

If so, cherry, hickory and pecan have a higher value as smoking wood. Usually cut to smoker use length and split a little smaller. Look into selling smoking wood for higher profit per time spent. Facebook market is a good place to sell smoking wood.

I see that you have a burning desire to be an arborist and that you seem to be already cut out for the job!
Just remember that you have a long life ahead of you and that it is much easier with all your fingers and limbs.
Things happen in a fraction of a second especially with modern equipment. And do not try lifting too much with the wrong posture as a bad back will also accompany you through life!

I see that you have a burning desire to be an arborist and that you seem to be already cut out for the job!
Just remember that you have a long life ahead of you and that it is much easier with all your fingers and limbs.
Things happen in a fraction of a second especially with modern equipment. And do not try lifting too much with the wrong posture as a bad back will also accompany you through life!
Good advice billhook, as kids the older generation would say things and we probably thought what do they know etc. But now I am in my autumn years, my bones are worn out my hearing is not the best and even though I did take some advice on board when your young you want to do it fast and know best.
Safety first Mr Metsa, what ever end you start with make sure your safe, foot & leg protection and work your way up or head eye and ear protection if your working your way down. It takes just a millisecond to change your life forever, good luck and hope you get on.

Yep. I always bend my knees.

Good advice billhook, as kids the older generation would say things and we probably thought what do they know etc. But now I am in my autumn years, my bones are worn out my hearing is not the best and even though I did take some advice on board when your young you want to do it fast and know best.
Safety first Mr Metsa, what ever end you start with make sure your safe, foot & leg protection and work your way up or head eye and ear protection if your working your way down. It takes just a millisecond to change your life forever, good luck and hope you get on.
Yep. I NEVER use ANY tool without protection. I do not want tinnitus, amputation, silicosis, or blindness.

Back