I'm selling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disandat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was intrigued, about a year ago, with the idea of having a saw like my dad used to use in the Ozarks. He ran an old blue Super XL AO. So, I bought one on Ebay and had a lot of fun with it.

Before that someone gave me an XP 1130 gear drive saw. That is a kick to run.

This week we had some big wind storms blow though and a customer of mine had a 2' diameter maple blow down. Well, I took the XP and the XL out and used them to chop it up. Both performed the way the should have: guzzle gas, use tons of bar oil, and throw an even bigger ton of sweet smelling maple chips. It was an awesome time for fringe business. I only charged the guy 100 bucks for just cutting the tree up. And then I called a friend to clean up the mess to burn in his own fireplace.

Well, the weekend warrior business is fun, but I am convinced I need to sell both machines and upgrade to a saw that is even more fun to run. I placed the saws on Ebay along with a picture of the big maple I chopped up. Think I'll be looking for a Husy or Stihl along with a limbing saw.

disandat said:
I was intrigued, about a year ago, with the idea of having a saw like my dad used to use in the Ozarks. He ran an old blue Super XL AO. So, I bought one on Ebay and had a lot of fun with it.

Before that someone gave me an XP 1130 gear drive saw. That is a kick to run.

This week we had some big wind storms blow though and a customer of mine had a 2' diameter maple blow down. Well, I took the XP and the XL out and used them to chop it up. Both performed the way the should have: guzzle gas, use tons of bar oil, and throw an even bigger ton of sweet smelling maple chips. It was an awesome time for fringe business. I only charged the guy 100 bucks for just cutting the tree up. And then I called a friend to clean up the mess to burn in his own fireplace.

Well, the weekend warrior business is fun, but I am convinced I need to sell both machines and upgrade to a saw that is even more fun to run. I placed the saws on Ebay along with a picture of the big maple I chopped up. Think I'll be looking for a Husy or Stihl along with a limbing saw.

I am always looking for a Husy and a Stihl too.:biggrinbounce2:

I've run both. Husky is sold at Lowes and we have several Stihl dealers around. We also have an Echo dealer. Never run an Echo before. I guess the chainsaw market has gone to Europe and Japan. Anything made in America anymore???

Do some research and you will find that every brand has a saw or two that will stand the test of time and will out perform every other brand in their class. Get a saw that will do the job you want it to do and don't worry about the badge.

disandat said:
I guess the chainsaw market has gone to Europe and Japan. Anything made in America anymore???

Stihl Makes a HUGE portion of their saws in america. They have a factory and warehouse in Virginia Beach VA. The best way to tell if its made in America is the first number of the serial number will be a 2.

Hmmmm, then maybe I'll get a Stihl. I do hardwood floors for a living and my two best machines are made in Germany and I buy my finish products from Sweden. So having a European chainsaw will just add to my European tool collection. :hmm3grin2orange:

I sold them. They are shipping out next week. For those interested, the XP1130 went for $200 and the little Super XL went for $50. I included all the bars and chains for them as well as a parts diagram. Pretty good deal if you as me.

disandat said:
I sold them. They are shipping out next week. For those interested, the XP1130 went for $200 and the little Super XL went for $50. I included all the bars and chains for them as well as a parts diagram. Pretty good deal if you as me.

The 1130 went low. In the future you may want to consinder not listing items to end shortly after noon on Friday. I would really avoid ending them the day after Thanksgiving shortly after noon. The 1130 ended at a real bad time. I am a serious Homelite collector but there are some days that I must devote to family.

Hoping all enjoy the rest of the weekend,

Bill

Back