Importing Saw from the USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adammm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys, been lurking around for a while and thought it would be time to join up, i have recently found a little obsession with cutting wood,
im 17 and from Australia we dont solely heat with wood but we do have a fireplace which i try to use reqularly i have a Mculloch2818AV we have had it for around 5 years and is still working fine and havent had a problem with it. but as im getting more into cutting and will be getting a driving licence soon hopefully i will be cutting a lot more and will be looking for a new saw but with prices being ridiculous in AUS i was looking at bringing in something from the states, and was wondering what sites you would recommend buying from, and what saw you would recommend im on a light budget as i dont make a whole load of money at my age havent decided between stihl or husky yet.
I dont normally cut large wood so i dont think ill ever really need anything more than a 20inch bar :msp_smile:

giday young bloke welcome to AS post your Q here may git a faster answer http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/175005-393.htm

many of these OZ lads import and sell saws from various lands

Ideal saw for your needs,,,, hmm Stihl 023 or 025 with 16 or 18 inch 325 chain bar and pls if reckon yer need git some basic saw training PPE gear chaps n muffs etc save you from any misadventure.

Back