In the 'ZONE'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
Don't you guys LOVE those days when you can do no wrong? I had one of those days today. A cluster of 3 dead laurel oaks between two houses, 20"-24" DBH and 55'-65' tall, hedges and a small holly tree underneath. Had about 15'X20' landing area on one side, and a 'honey crotch' over the 12' wide driveway.
Just as we had gotten set up and I was putting on my belt, the boss said he had to leave for a sales call. My two groundies only have about a month's experience each, but are really coming along well. By the time the boss got back 1 1/2 hours later, we had 2 trees brushed out and everything chipped. We were standing by the street taking a break when he pulled up.
The third tree, I was able to bomb virtually the whole tree into the 15' wide landing hole (lawn). Every notch worked perfectly, and the crew was great about keeping the area clear between cuts. Every time I started feeling invincible, I had to remind myself that I was one mistake away from death or damage. Nothing like too much ego to hurt ya.
But it still felt great pulling off the job at 3:45 with plenty of compliments from the homeowner. (We had another small dead tree and some light trimming there also)

:blob2: :blob2:

(these jumping balls still remind me of dbabcock's old icon :p )

That was a mesmerizing avatar Doug had wasn't it- kind of like a burlap bag full of bobcats.

Back