inadvertantly poisoned my trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texnsf

Reaction score
Late last summer I mistakenly sprayed 3 Chinese Pistache trees with Roundup. I didn't realize it until the leaves began yellowing and dying so no immediate efforts were applied. I was told to let them overwinter and see what happens. It's now Spring and they are leafing out. The leaves, however, are all small and distorted. Will the trees ever recover? Is it possible to trim back the ends of all the limbs and let them re-sprout? The trees are small but established with a trunk circumference of 12" (4" dia.). They were healthy, vigorous trees until being poisoned. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Glyphosate, Round up, causes that leaf distortion called needleleaf. It throws the plant's growth hormones out of wack.

Dont fertilize them but install large sized mulch rings and water deeply occasionally when summer drought hits. The trees may grow out of it eventually but dont be suprised if some branches have dieback

I am not fully versed on it's effect on trees but Round Up has no residual activity. The trees survived the initial dose and will most likely grow out of it. As stated above, reducing any other stress factors will help a quicker recovery.

Round up 5.5# the hot stuff needs 80% coverage on the foliage of a tree to kill it
That's if your using ams at max
Sounds likes they will pull out of it
There tough trees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back