indoor wood furnaces, WHAT IS THE bEST!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:popcorn: OK heat guys...here we go, i am ready to put in the best wood furnace in my basement...1400 sq. ft living area. i am thinking of the FIRE CHIEF 500 this is a very good FURNACE for the money..pros and cons please.INDOOR ONLY.. Is there anything beter for the $$..lets hear it.....Thanx Dan

We have been using a United States Stove Co Warm Blast 1500 for a little over 12 years now. 1300 sq ft X 2 (main floor + basement) and have to work to keep the house below 80 degrees. Replaced one grate 2 years ago.

Looking for small wood furnace with zero clearance.

We have been using a United States Stove Co Warm Blast 1500 for a little over 12 years now. 1300 sq ft X 2 (main floor + basement) and have to work to keep the house below 80 degrees. Replaced one grate 2 years ago.

What are the dimensions of your furnace? I have a 1450 square foot chalet (1200 sq feet downstairs and a 250 sq foot loft above. My utility room is where I would like to put it but am also planning to build a garage 22 feet from the opposite corner of my chalet.

Currently I heat with propane which cost me slightly more than $1,000.US last winter. I have no duct system currently and am considering adding one. My crawl space is 33" deep and bone dry.

Thanks for any help,

Fitwon2002 in Central Oregon

Back