(Indoor) Wood Furnace suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because it meets the epa standard doesn't mean its a good furnace. I did a lot of research when I bought my englander which is epa certified under the previous regulations. I like the ashley it was supposed to be real efficient. After more research it showed that the emissions were great when run full open and it would cook right through wood. If you restricted the air it would make a lot of creosote. That was the cheap end of epa certified furnaces but so is my englander but its a different style.
Agreed...and never said that it does...if you read it again I said to modify to accommodate the Kuuma or HC...nothing about any of those other low end bombs.
To OP, sounds like a good solve...if you like the one you have, run what you brung!

My wood furnace is back in place and working again. I picked up firebrick at Menards since they are close and had them in stock. I was not really impressed with these, says they're made with pumice, pretty low density and I suspect they will be prone to damage if I get carried away putting wood in the furnace.

Is there a source for good quality firebrick that are 4 -1/2 x 9 x 1-1/4"??

Mark

I have intentions of rebuilding my Royall and when I do I will mix and pour refractory in place. That will require positioning the furnace for each pour . I am hoping it will last longer I realize now that throwing in the big chunks and hedge wood and abusing the draft door has really taken a toll on the firebox but it is 40 years old. Once it started warping deterioration accelerated over the next 10 years.

My wood furnace is back in place and working again. I picked up firebrick at Menards since they are close and had them in stock. I was not really impressed with these, says they're made with pumice, pretty low density and I suspect they will be prone to damage if I get carried away putting wood in the furnace.

Is there a source for good quality firebrick that are 4 -1/2 x 9 x 1-1/4"??

Mark
The firebrick sold at Menards needed cut for my Royall They were Heck on my diamond blades (7-1/4" in a worm drive)

Latest posts

Back