information about Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomastree

Reaction score
Hello! my name is Tomas I ´m from Argentina, South America. I need some information about the Husky 55.
Here in Argentina Husqvarna is selling now the old Husky 55(made new in brasil).
I really like this kind of simple chainsaw, but I saw that the clutch cover is plastic made.
I want to know if in others country, this famous chainsaw also came with de clutch cover of plastic?, and if it is, brings problems?
Thanks. Tomas.

Hello! my name is Tomas I ´m from Argentina, South America. I need some information about the Husky 55.
Here in Argentina Husqvarna is selling now the old Husky 55(made new in brasil).
I really like this kind of simple chainsaw, but I saw that the clutch cover is plastic made.
I want to know if in others country, this famous chainsaw also came with de clutch cover of plastic?, and if it is, brings problems?
Thanks. Tomas.

I have one old Husky 55 from -91 and the clutch cover is plastic, I don't know if it was like that on all models
attachment.php

Thanks. Tomas.

Welcome at the AS!

Honestly, I am surpriced that clutch cover is plastic on the 55, but that model has a great reputation (never used one myself)........

Anyway, it is one of the many saw models that owe their origin to the Partner

5000/500, from the early 1980s.....

Last edited:
good saw as others have stated. No problems with the plastic, just keep an eye on the exhaust deflector as others have stated. I can leave a burn mark on the top corner of the clutch cover, or the chain brake handle. I have a couple of them that have been running great for years!

As an former Husky 55 (bought new) owner I can tell you that my plastic clutch cover broke from a fall of about 2 feet from the tool box on my truck onto a plastic bed liner.If I remember right the chain brake broke also. I had a lot of other problems to. Mine was just a lemon ,mabe a Monday saw. All manufactors have,them even Stihl. I like the old Sachs Dolmars, never had any problems with them.

As an former Husky 55 (bought new) owner I can tell you that my plastic clutch cover broke from a fall of about 2 feet from the tool box on my truck onto a plastic bed liner.If I remember right the chain brake broke also. I had a lot of other problems to. Mine was just a lemon ,mabe a Monday saw. All manufactors have,them even Stihl. I like the old Sachs Dolmars, never had any problems with them.

Just look at the fifth digit in the serial number, if it is an "0", it is probably a monday saw..........:greenchainsaw:

How does the 55 Rancher compare to the old 55 that seemed to have been well received. Was it a victim of the EPA.

There are EPA-versions of both the 55 and the 55R.

There some times are a .1kW power differense, some times not, from the 53.2cc engines, but the very first EPA 55Rs (about 1998) had the smaller 51cc engine from the Husky 51.

There are other differenses between the 55 and 55R, but I don't remember the details........

The 55 Rancher made in Brazil is still available in Canada. They too have a plastic clutch cover. We have sold a few hundred of these saws and have not replaced one clutch cover that I am aware of. I am curious to see if Husqvarna Canada brings in another container of them this year for our fall booking.

I just bought a Husky 55 this afternoon from my local dealer. Told me they were able to bring them into the US because of all the EPA credits that Husky has. I was looking at a Rancher 455 when he told me to look at this thing.

Stew

Back