Information on a Echo model 362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farfromiowa

Shopping cart wrangler at the liquor store
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for some information and to share a few photos of my new favorite chainsaw. It is marked as a Echo model 362 but there is no record of it that I can find, asked the folks at the local saw shop as well.
I was helping a friend clear some property (I am a Stihl fan) and as we were finishing up he asked me if I wanted another saw to tinker with. I really didn't, but took it home anyway. This saw was in his shed when he moved in and he has never touched it in 10+ years. I finally got around to looking at it, it was absolutely filthy, thick oily sawdust and dirt from use and sitting. So, I began by re-winding the starter rope, and was pleasantly surprised at how much compression it had. I cleaned it up, the carb looked pristine after digging the crud off of the air filter, there was a little “fuel” in the tank that I rinsed out and added some fresh, took off the severely corroded bar, (the chain was in good shape) and surprisingly it started and idled after 4 or 5 pulls. It revs up and sounds great, no carb adjustments were needed. So, I found a new Oregon sprocket tip bar and a spare chain on EBay and tried it next time we were clearing trees and brush. It is an awesome, powerful little saw that seems to have low hours and it runs all day and never fails to start on the first pull.
I have never owned an Echo, really know nothing about them but I am impressed by the quality. Have any of you seen a model like this? I have searched the web and the Echo web site and this model does not come up anywhere. The closest thing I can find is maybe the 440EVL. Any info you have will be appreciated. Would like to find a manual and/or a parts list for it My theory is that it was not intended for export and someone ended up bringing it to the states after living abroad. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC03274.JPG
    DSC03274.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC03276.JPG
    DSC03276.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC03275.JPG
    DSC03275.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC03273.JPG
    DSC03273.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC03280.JPG
    DSC03280.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC03281.JPG
    DSC03281.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 21
Not that model, but I had a cs8000 that was amazing stout. Not fast, *stout*. And real easy starting once dialed in. Echos have a well deserved rep for being workhorses, any size. The newer ones come tuned lean and choked up, but fix that, same deal, workhorses.

That's pretty good for a freebie man!

Latest posts

Back