Insert shopping.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know much about inserts but my neighbor's PE seems to do a good job. I supply his wood (he's in his 80s) and he seems to go through about three cords of mixed hard and soft wood a year. He just comes over and gets a pickup load out my stacks when he needs it.
We've been to his house in the winter and the place is always toasty warm.

Well, they rejected our offer without even a counter offer. I suppose they aren't as "motivated" as their realtor let on. LOL

Ian

Well, they rejected our offer without even a counter offer. I suppose they aren't as "motivated" as their realtor let on. LOL

Ian

Time to go house hunting. The next one might have an Oslo there waiting for you, or a place ready for yours. We found this place while waiting to hear if our offer on another house was accepted. As soon as we found this place we were hoping they would reject it. Luckily they did. We dodged a bullet there. We did much better on this place.

Don't let it get you down.

My wife's been doing most of the hunting. I'll bet we've driven by at least 25 places. They look good on paper but then are surrounded by run down trailers and junk cars on blocks. The conclusion we've come to is that we can get a nice house in a bad area or a bad house in a nice area. We need another zero on the right side of our income.

This place is almost ideal. 2000 sq ft and 3-4 acres. It's a little more than we wanted to spend, but the house and the area are nice. We may up the offer after we glean one or two more pieces of information. It's got a gas pipe easement running through the back of the lot. I didn't think about it till after we put the offer on it, but if the easement is too big, I wouldn't be able to build a shop back there. We've got to get that easement marked before we go back with another offer.

Ian

Edit... The news is harping on how tight the banks are on money these days and how nobody can get a loan. Total bunk. They approved us for having both our present mortgage and the new one simultaneously. There's no flippin' way we could afford that. We had a good laugh over that one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back