install a outside wood boiler(central boiler)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would agree that get the biggest one you can afford because if you ever add on you still can. I installed the 6048 this past fall on my 4500 sq ft home that is 100 years old and I am very glad that I did not go smaller.

central boiler

i just put in a central boiler a year and a half ago and i am from nj.....who are you buying it from? what part of nj are you from?

i bought mine from a dealer in pa and saved $700. he also set me up with his plumber to hook it up for me. to hook up the unit to my pool and boiler for just labor it was $2300. that's the cost of living in nj. definately go with the bigger boiler.....i have the 6048 and my house is 3500 sq. ft. if i went smaller i would be feeding it 2 or 3 times a day.....now it is once per day or day 1/2....if you have any questions let me know......i did extensive research.....central boiler also has dealers close in the area just in case you need anything

glassboro area..

should that qualify for a sales tax exempt in n.j. under capital improvement?

wood furnace

i don't know about a tax exempt issue.....but i did write it off under the new energy write off sponsored by the federal govt. for my taxes last year....i am up in flemington area....so was my dealer

i don't know about a tax exempt issue.....but i did write it off under the new energy write off sponsored by the federal govt. for my taxes last year....i am up in flemington area....so was my dealer

Good luck with that audit. The federal tax incentive is for energy efficient upgrades, OWB hardly qualifies, I know I have one.

Good luck with that audit. The federal tax incentive is for energy efficient upgrades, OWB hardly qualifies, I know I have one.

There were two credits, the one you describe up to $500 lifetime and another for installing wind or solar power and heat. Nothing for OWB's. If the IRS checks you may be in trouble

Last edited:

Gas, Oil, Propane Furnace or Hot Water Boiler Furnaces:
AFUE >= 95

Boiler:
AFUE >= 95
$1502 For a list of qualifying products go to the Gas Appliance Manufacturing Association

Note — not all ENERGY STAR products will qualify for the tax credit.

ENERGY STAR specification:
Furances: AFUE >= 90
Boilers: AFUE >= 85

Manufacturer's Certification Statement3 required.
For tax purposes, save your receipt and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement.
Use IRS Form 5695
Expired December 31, 2007.

i did have other improvements......i guess i was mistaken.....my accountant must have meant the other improvements and not the boiler......either way you would not be able to write off the entire cost of the boiler

Back