Instructions for Releasing the Limiter Caps on a Husqvarna Carb WITHOUT Damaging Them

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stmale

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Limiter removal without destroying them

I figured out how to remove the limiter caps on my husky

If you look at the front of it there are two verry small holes to the left and right of the screwdriver slot. If you insert a verry small screwdriver into both of them you depress metal tabs which allows you to pry back toward you on the limiter and it pops loose.

FYI:hmm3grin2orange:

Adam

Last edited:
I had posted this thread earlier but with the wrong title. Just wanted to make sure everyone heard.

I figured out how to remove the limiter caps on my Husqvarna without damaging them :rock: it may be the same for others manufactures it do not know.

If you look at the front of the limiter cap there are two very small holes to the left and right of the screwdriver slot. If you insert a very small screwdriver or a paperclip with the end flattened into both of them at the same time you depress metal tabs which allows you to pop the limiter off the adjustment screw. Make sure the screw it set to the full rich limit position before prying it away from the carb.

FYI :hmm3grin2orange:

Not if your trying to keep the warranty.

But Rich, that is what I have done 10 second job.

Where did you find that small pair of dikes?

I was just reading on madsens1.com website not to remove the limiters because the new saws require these to keep the screw in place. They say the screws are not spring loaded.

It looks to me like the screws on my 359 and 345 are spring loaded. and anyway with the limiter in place the screw is free to move to move lean. I do not see where he is coming from.

Does anyone here have a problem with the screws falling out of adjustment over time when the limiters are removed?

359 does not seem to move, but I clipped the tabs, 026 carbs with springs have moved on me after removing the caps.

Latest posts

Back