Replacements for damaged limiter caps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have ya thought of getting the splined screw diver adjustment tool, easier that a regular screw driver to adjust the carb and will stay attached to the needles.

Steve Sidwell
The splined screwdriver, at least mine, is not deep enough to engage the splines on this model, and many others. And the splined segment appears to be significantly smaller in diameter than the ID of the tool.

Stihl- small, plastic limiters are available at your dealer. 4203 121 2700. The tabs can be trimmed, which makes the screws fully adjustable. Buy a bunch.

Stihl- 1125 style with “stops” in the plastic. Simply trim the stops and keep the plastic housing and springs.

Stihl- large black plastic... can be pried off using a flathead screwdriver... be careful! Tabs and wide sections can be shaved, making them fully adjustable. Blowers, ms193, and others.

Husky (372, others)- buy the proper spline screwdriver. There’s a set on eBay that also includes a d-style and pac-man. You have to depress the spring if you want to move outside the limiter travel, this driver makes it easier. You can get it close by just pushing the springs down, but it’s tough to tune while it’s running:).

Poulan (cheap)- same driver as the husky, but no limiters... just no slots like normal saws.

We had limiter caps on car carbs which we removed. I think the manufacturer and the epa wants them on our saws to make them tinker proof. I removed the ones on my husky 575 but put them back on after adjusting the carb. We still have summer and winter settings.

Back