Intake sleeve on ms180

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJviper

Reaction score
What function does stihl intake sleeve (the small plastic or nylon ring that sits between the rubber intake manifold and the carb part number 1130 141 1800) have? Mine has a small crack and I wonder if it could cause an air fuel mixture problem. Any advice on replacement or aftermarket replace ment? Thanks

I thought the sleeve maintained the shape of the opening to prevent collapse under acceleration. I'm not sure if it seals or the rubber area seals. Have yout tried a vac/pressure test? I would just replace it to be safe. This post might be better in the Chainsaw section.

I thought the sleeve maintained the shape of the opening to prevent collapse under acceleration. I'm not sure if it seals or the rubber area seals. Have out tried a vac/pressure test? I would just replace it to be safe. This post might be better in the Chainsaw section.
Thanks, I think your thought of the sleeve maintaining the intakes shape is correct.

Back