IntelliCarb of Ported Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kicker_92

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone run into problem with the Stihl Intellicarb feature on a ported saw thats drawing more air than before?

Can the inlet for the airbox sensor just be blocked off?

I have a few ported saws with the intellicarb and no problems as far as I can tell. All the intellicarb does is slow the pulse down on the metering side when the filter get's crummy. It shouldnt cause any problems at all.

Is there any chance that this could cause the saw to lean out, then flood, then lean out, and flood again?

I'm trying to track down a problem that started just after porting. I think the next step woudl be to vent the metering diaphragm to defeat the "intellicarb" and see how that goes.

Is there any chance that this could cause the saw to lean out, then flood, then lean out, and flood again?

I'm trying to track down a problem that started just after porting. I think the next step woudl be to vent the metering diaphragm to defeat the "intellicarb" and see how that goes.

Put a intellicarb from an 046 on a ported 50 Rancher, (complete with boost ports) and had to open up the tank vent a bit, but make sure you have a clean, (new) fuel filter before you do anythiing.

Put a intellicarb from an 046 on a ported 50 Rancher, (complete with boost ports) and had to open up the tank vent a bit, but make sure you have a clean, (new) fuel filter before you do anythiing.

Got this one resolved, it was a weak diaphragm and dirty fuel filter. Ended up opened the high speed jet by around 10% to provide more fuel.

After looking into how it functions, the metering chamber being vented open, or being vented to under the air filter like in the Intellicarb will not make a differance with a port job.

Back