Introducing the Stihl MS193T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant to provide a means to verify that I did not price something other than what this thread is about. It might be $10 different for you when it shows up.
No matter. I'd buy it in Ohio & have it tweaked then sent over. For some reason the prices(even w/o Brad's discount) in Ohio are cheaper then here.

Same improvements i got on my 192T except advancing the timing improved the throttle response further than the muffler mod alone. Not sure if the strato has anything to do with that???

The MS192C-E sold on the Nordic market, does'nt have any spark arrestor screen. I haven't checked if also the newer MS193 lacks it too.

Our MS192 has a 12" bar with the diminutive 1.1mm PMM3 chain. The throttle response is inherently very good, with the original bar & chain.

Tested ours with Oregon 91VXL-044, but the standard MS192 is too weak with it's small 30cc engine. A MM may be what it needs?

The PILTZTard says that all outboard clutch saws are completely useless on his Ebay threads.

ALL outboard clutch saws should be considered obsolete antiques, don't make me say it twice.

The PILTZTard says that all outboard clutch saws are completely useless on his Ebay threads.

ALL outboard clutch saws should be considered obsolete antiques, don't make me say it twice.
He probably associates the outboard clutch with saws that oil at idle. Is there any inboard clutch top handle in the tree sort of saw?

Brad, did you notice much difference between the 150T and the 193T power wise once muffed and timing advanced?

the ms 193t is 339.95 with a 14''
the ms 193 c-e is 399.95 with a 14''
here my dealer has them in stock. i wonder how the 193 ce compares to my 011av

I got my 193T last year when i went to order a 192..i havent been happy with it..do i need to cut off the carb limiters to do the muffler mod? My saw bogs and runs like ****..just like in your first video

I got my 193T last year when i went to order a 192..i havent been happy with it..do i need to cut off the carb limiters to do the muffler mod? My saw bogs and runs like ****..just like in your first video

Yes. Any muffler mod will require richening up the saw. Heck, stock the carb probably needs to be richened up. I can never get the tune right on these fresh air strato saws though. They seem to run the same over a pretty wide range of H jet settings once the limiter tabs are removed.

He probably associates the outboard clutch with saws that oil at idle.

My 026 saws puddle oil at idle, as they are the non-PRO ones. They have inboard clutches.

Is there any inboard clutch top handle in the tree sort of saw?

Not from Stihl or Echo that I am aware of, and those are the only TH saws that I have used.

Im a bit confused as to which part to cut off..is it justvthe black plastic that surrounds the screw? I hve never beed to mess with my 362 as its done everything i needed nd then some but this 193 is just an all round turd..unless it will get better witg time but i havr at least 10 tanks of gas threw it now

Yah, the limiters are weird on the newer saws. Variable as well. On the 361, 290, 310, etc. the limiters are just flat tabs that stick out of the red inserts around the carb jets. Just pull the limiter inserts, trim the tabs, and reset them in place. Done. My 211 has these large round black barrels that I had to yank out and cut the tabs off of. It was a PITA to do. I do not have a 192 manual so I do not know what the limiters are like on those saws. Never mind the 193.

As for running like shyte, the 201T and the 192T/3T seem to be similar in that they run like crap stock. Hesitation on full throttle, and not so great cutting speed. Hence the 200T saws go for a fortune on Ebay. Used they are what they sold for new, and new they sell for 2x new.

Latest posts

Back