Investment vs Payback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having a tree business................

i already had all the equipment except the splitter so i went and got one.

i like splitting by hand but most of the time i need to get a lot done in a reasonable amount of time.

time is something i do not have a lot of.

I hope your wife dont find out about this. I think cutting wood just exceded the cost of hunting and fishing. By the time you buy all the latest gear the fish is about $200lb, venison at least $125 a pound and by my calculations your firewood is about $500 a face cord. Dont feel bad though last weekend we hauled about 40 face of white oak home and I think we had about $100,000 worth of equipment involved. I am proud of you man real proud.:clap::clap::clap::clap::cheers:

Ducks are at least $ 1000 / lb.

By the time you buy all the latest gear the fish is about $200lb, venison at least $125 a pound

And don't ask about the garden. Especially the blueberries. I think I can calculate those on a per berry basis.

BTW, what column does a mirror go under when penciling the math? Not that there's any reason I'm asking...

WK,
The way I look at it is: if you take care of that equipment, you can always sell it for at lest half of what you paid for it. Take your $2k log splitter. To rent that sucker is about $70 a day. Use that splitter for more than 14 days, and it had paid for itself. Tractors: if that tractor saves you from the rehab and pain of one hernia, knee, or back repair, it's priceless.

Number one reason to get into the tree buisness.
Great write offs and great rewards.

Latest posts

Back