Iowa GTG 2018

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening all, looks like I missed this thread.

Who's ready for some races?? We will have racing that is more structured than last year with a trailer and all. I want all of you to know it won't interfear with the test of the gtg and we will be out of the way. We just came home from Hedgefest and Hailey is ready to get up on the trailer again. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

a66631c4ea9e17b4798e95d17c1317f0.jpg
5dd82227db090efa524a0dba847cd23f.jpg

Iowa GTG Racing Rules
-Stock-under 45cc,3,4,5,6,over 6 CI
Muffler mod
Base gasket delete
NO!!! Grinding to the cylinder
Round unmodified chain
-Work Saws- under 45cc,3,4,5,6,over 6CI
Must Have- muffler,air filter,working choke,chain brake
NO- 2 piece heads or pipes
-Gas-3,4,5,6,over 6CI
Run on gas
Have the resemblance of a muffler
No pipes
-Firewood- under 60cc
Round unmodified chain
Same power head rules as work saws
-Open- 3,4,5,6, unlimited
-Vintage- if there’s participants
Came factory without a chain brake
-Geardrive- if there’s participants
-Stock,Work,Firewood,&Gas will be double elimination
-We are thinking of having the top 2 in each class swap saws and run again. This will be up to the participants if they are willing to do this

Hey guys...new member here in the CR/Iowa City area. Just found this forum and loving it already. I'm very curious and interested in this event. Is there any cost to get in or anything of that nature? Just a bunch of chainsaw guys that race cutting logs as well? I've never heard of this event but would like to attend on Friday...

Hey guys...new member here in the CR/Iowa City area. Just found this forum and loving it already. I'm very curious and interested in this event. Is there any cost to get in or anything of that nature? Just a bunch of chainsaw guys that race cutting logs as well? I've never heard of this event but would like to attend on Friday...
No cost, will have logs of all sizes, racing, wood splitting, etc. Would like to have you come and get involved. Welcome to the site!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Welcome
No cost other than donations for food.
We have guys coming on Friday most will be here on Saturday.
Chainsaw geeks come together to bs, cut cookies, race and good food and comradory

Sent from Hoskvarna Hills

Thanks guys. I think me and a buddy of mine(been a saw guy his entire life and used to be a Stihl servicing dealer for many years) are gonna come out on Friday I believe. What time does it officially start on Friday?
Friday afternoon is a good time, we are usually still setting up or sawing cants and such. We will have a bathroom on site and some refrigerator room. Welcome to the site and the thread.

Welcome, nice to see anther local guy on the forum if you want to talk saws hit me up I live in north liberty

Latest posts

Back