IOWA SPRING GTG 2019

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're heading in to Cedar Falls in the morning to look for a crank sensor, you're welcome to
come and install it in the warm, dry comfort of my garage.

Mark
I'll check my parts vehicle for what tools are needed, I can bring things up, or advise what is needed, if I don't have it.
Call or text in the morning. 641-691-8418. If sensor is not in stock, I'll pull the one I have.

Cedar fall parts store show they have on hand. This sensor is a huge pain to get to. I'll go with a never ever worked (new) part. The sensor tests bad so hopefully it is the issue. Thanks to Mark we have a warm place to camp and work. I will never be able to thank him enough.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This was my view waking up this AM. Maybe I need to rearrange some of my saws into my bedroom.
06b31f7c2315a799f6022161c50b29ae.jpg

I had Nathan (Wood Knot), Greg (Tallguy, hiding behind Nathan), his wife Jen (with the dog), my wife (Teri), and Jen's cousin Jim (came up from Cedar Rapids just in case Greg and Jen needed to make alternative arrangements to get back to South Dakota) hanging out for a while today. Not quite the same as making it to the GTG but sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad situation. Nathan was a great helper working with Greg going through all of the troubleshooting to try and narrow down the problems with the truck. In the end they got it going and Greg, Jen, and Jim went out for lunch, Nathan went home, and I ended up driving Mrs. Heimann to Cedar Rapids as she was uncomfortable with the freezing rain and snow.

I am hoping Greg will check back in to let us know he made it back home.

Here it is at the beginning of the trouble...

20190426_191207.jpg

Done at last.

20190427_125240.jpg

Mark

Made it home alright about 7:30. Went from rain in Belle Plane to rain/sleet from Dysart to La Porte City, to sloppy light snow in Waterloo. But from Waterloo north to MN it went from flurries to nothing by the IA/MN border. In Rochester the sun was out and apparently nothing happened at all back home in WI. Didn't run any saws at all but had a good time as always catching up with everyone. Only got 3 pictures of the inside of the shed as that's where most of the activities took place. Thanks again to the host and everyone else for a good time.

DSCN9983[1].JPG

The food line, no shortage of good things to eat.

DSCN9984[1].JPG

DSCN9982[1].JPG

Home in South Dakota. Again thanks to Mark and Nathan and Mrs. H for everything. When we left Cedar Falls I had to use a snow brush and made a few snowballs. BTW Panther fried omelet went down good.

Not even honorable mention with coil replacement [emoji8][emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have given my left knee to have been there. Oops, wait a minute. Then both would have been gone. I do have some good news. I was able to walk down stairs today. Mother Nature and I have not given up on the right knee.

p.s. That's the first blue and white Stihl I have ever seen. Nice looking, and I bet it runs like a champ.

O.K. - Greg was spending a lot of time searching for answers via Google on his phone, we drug my notebook out to the shop to assist in the search, Nathan came up with his truck manual, and Greg finally got Shane (Struggle) to return his call....and provide the final answer.

Mark

I’m glad it got running. It had have been frustrating but at least it took a break in the driveway instead of down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back