Irene Damaged Tree and Deadtree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman79

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Tired of getting the runaround from tree companies so Ive decided to drop the two trees that need to come down after hurricane Irene. The first tree is a maple, only 10-12" at the base of trunk. A simple drop but its a leaner, and as you can guess it's leaning the opposite direction for a clear fall. The other tree concerns me more, being that it is dead and the previous owner didn't bother to have it removed when it died. Now the bark is even coming off the limbs near the top, about 65' up. I know that can be a very dangerous situation as the tree is being cut. I've had limbs fall out and nearly hit me before. I'm a bit gun shy on this dead one guys.... Any help or recommendations would be much appreciated!
Don

pictures would be good, also how long it has been dead and what kind of tree it is can say a lot
dead trees generally dont hinge as well as live trees and may not hinge at all
if you can just drop it the direction of the lean then its pretty straight forward
but without more to go on then you have given us i really cant say more

whats it gonna wreck if it goes wrong ?? deaduns suck ,leaners are just more work than they are usually worth, respect them both send pics

I'll get pics tomorrow Troy... I'll post them as you said... I'm gonna hold off the felling till I get opinions hahaha
Thanks!

Back