Is it still considered Free firewood when ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 Bears

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
30 days earlier I tell the wife I would like to drop the tree before we install the fence. Wife says no, she thinks it has bluebirds nesting in it.

:msp_ohmy: sorry for your luck.. I would be hella pissed.. I'm thinking my wife would not hear the end of that for a while.. or.. jst smile and fix it and every time she said no to dropping a tree.. Bring this one up...

Firewood is still free.

Fence just doubled in price.

Marriage counseling is hella expensive - be careful!

Edit: I live on the farm. Trees are magnetically attracted to fences. It will happen again, and far more often than you like. Might as well just start getting used to it now. Most of the time, it happens at night, in foul weather, and the critters are waiting there to escape when it happens.

Last edited:
Probably not nice of me to even say, but I laughed right out loud when I saw the picture. I'm sure lots of these other guys did too, but were smart enough not to say anything. Reason I laughed is because I can SO identify with your misfortunes! If there is a way for it to go wrong, I find it. Or, it finds me.

Really am sorry about your fences' remodel job, though.
Ted

Before you rebuild the fence, clear cut everything within reach plus 10 yards. Then hang a couple blue-bird nesting boxes on the fenceposts to keep the wife happy. Just think of all the firewood you will have, maybe enough to sell to pay for the fence repairs. With any luck the stupid blue birds won't even come back but it won't be your fault, can't beat that.

I thought it might bring some internal laughter.
I laughed at it myself after the initial shock wore off.
There is another dead standing oak that could reach the fence. It will definitely be dropped before I reinstall the fence, birds or no birds.
At least the horse was not standing in the path.

30 days earlier I tell the wife I would like to drop the tree before we install the fence. Wife says no, she thinks it has bluebirds nesting in it.

If I were you, I wouldn't say much...just hold onto it for the next time you screw up...then tell her "Remember the fence? We're even."

My wife is famous for holding onto stuff and bringing it up weeks, sometimes months later...

Glad the horse wasn't in the way. My friend's wife had a horse get killed when a large branch fell on it's head. She was devasted.

Back