Is it still considered Free firewood when ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100%

Firewood is still free.

Fence just doubled in price.

Marriage counseling is hella expensive - be careful!

Edit: I live on the farm. Trees are magnetically attracted to fences. It will happen again, and far more often than you like. Might as well just start getting used to it now. Most of the time, it happens at night, in foul weather, and the critters are waiting there to escape when it happens.

100% truthiness. Escaped critter rounder upper approved post.

Ya, just do it

I thought it might bring some internal laughter.
I laughed at it myself after the initial shock wore off.
There is another dead standing oak that could reach the fence. It will definitely be dropped before I reinstall the fence, birds or no birds.
At least the horse was not standing in the path.

Man, take 'em down! I did a big one a few days ago now, it was standing dead one year, leaning towards the fence AND the private road. Murphy's law waiting for me there, so down it came. I roped it and comealonged it the direction it needed to go, as in not towards the fence and road, then felled it,. went perfectly fine that way.

My fences that run through the woods I walk every day in the morning (have to walk the dogs anyway, so this works and is practical) to check for moms nature free firewood delivery surprises. Happens about every storm..like the ice storm that will hit tonight, tomorrow I will have cold wet slimy cutting sport no doubt, then repair busted barbed wire.

I've got two gates that look like yours, except it wasn't trees! One was a bull who needed out to go visit some girlfriend du jour, (I saw that one happen, didn't seem to slow him down any, not clearing it by a foot) the other was momma cow trying to get back at her calf who escaped and was too dumb to find where it escaped from and get back in. So she decides to gazelle over the gate. Didn't quite make it. I didn't see that one happen but only thing that could have happened.

man, cows are heavy....

I don't know what the approved method is, but I throw a lot of heavy planks on them, then drive over them with the tractor and sort of smash them flat like again. They kinda sorta still look like gates.....

Sorry bout the bad luck, if it were me would not say much, just cut down ones that need it w/out asking the other about it. Replace the gate but keep it around, maybe next to the wood pile as a little reminder:tongue2:

Roy

If I were you, I wouldn't say much...just hold onto it for the next time you screw up...then tell her "Remember the fence? We're even."

My wife is famous for holding onto stuff and bringing it up weeks, sometimes months later...

Yep, leave the gate alone and use it as your GET OUT OF JAIL CARD for a while.:rock:

Arrrggghhhh........ must........ not........ say......... I......... told..........you............so.......... mmmmmpppphhhh!!!!

Now I haven't been married all that long, but I'm learning. Agree with a few other guys here - hold this one back and you'll get a lot more mileage from it. I did get a little bit of a laugh out of your story though. Guess we've probably all been there before.

I'd bought her a book about birds as a gift...cuz it's a bit out of season for them to be nesting, lol.

J/K I'd kill my dh if he did that, even if he was right.

that really sucks, but isnt it a bit late for bluebirds to be nesting? trees and heavily wooded areas are a bad place for em to nest anyways. makes it easy for critters to get to their nests and have a feast.

Sorry, but I also had to laugh when I saw the photo. Not AT you of course, but WITH you, whatever the heck that's supposed to mean!

If I were you, I wouldn't say much...just hold onto it for the next time you screw up...then tell her "Remember the fence? We're even."

Be careful with that tactic! That could land you in big trouble really quick. Really, that 'save it for later' rule only applies to women.

Latest posts

Back