Is my oak dying?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schortie

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new to the site and am excited to do some research. I have a question about a young (4"-5") red oak we transplanted from a nursery two years ago last spring. For the second season the tree has only produced leaves on a select number of branches. There are many, mostly top, branches that have no leaves and little wick. The leaves that have come in seem hearty. At this point in the early fall, I only see a couple acorns. I also notice a few loose cracks in the bark along the trunk of the tree. Should I be doing something to help save my tree? Is this in any way normal for young transplants? Any help, information, or suggestions are very welcome. Thank you in advance.

Should I be doing something to help save my tree? Is this in any way normal for young transplants? Any help, information, or suggestions are very welcome. Thank you in advance.
1. Post a picture(s), of the top and of the bottom area where the roots form at the trunk.

Trees are resilient so there may be a way to get it to recover.

Latest posts

Back