Is the MS200 carburetor an embarrassment to Stihl engineering, or what?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lone wolf
I just pulled out a new never seen wood MS 200T that had ethonol gas in the tank and tried to run it and it ran like crap. now I bought some VP 94 octane non Ethanol gas and dumped all the saws out and put some good gas and mix in all of them that sit all winter so they all don't crap out on me in the spring. I did notice some water when the old gas was being dumped from a pan.:dizzy:

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
Zama C1Q series off a 200T.
I just looked at a C1Q off of a PoulanPro 262 (i.e. a Wild Thing), which has an accelerator pump just like the ones on the Walros, and nothing like that 200T carb.

How do you say "this isn't complicated enough" in German?

LegDeLimber

LegDeLimber

Addicted to ArboristSite
don't forget about that sold only through stihl dealers or something of that sort, in the Zama catalog.
What with Stihl owning them, it's probably worse than all those bastard engines that Tecumseh
built for Sears.

juttree

juttree

ArboristSite Guru
I've done atleast 8-10 of these carbs with the JB welded method and it worked on all but one. I did notice that you have to make sure to push the JB welded into the passage to make sure it's actually blocked off and not just covered. Did one that didn't work so I pulled the weld out and packed it a little better and it was fine after that. Also, clean the passage real good and don't pump the throttle until the weld has hardened or any gas in the carb will be pushed into the welded area.

juttree

juttree

ArboristSite Guru
I think a lot of the reason for so much 200t accelerator pump failure is the amount of use. I know that in any given day I might pull the throttle on my 200 a million times. Well that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration. But seriously, it's a lot.

Chris-PA

Chris-PA

Where the Wild Things Are
I think a lot of the reason for so much 200t accelerator pump failure is the amount of use. I know that in any given day I might pull the throttle on my 200 a million times. Well that might be a SLIGHT exaggeration. But seriously, it's a lot.
Probably so, but it appears there is a design difference too, and I was wondering how that played in.

Latest posts