Is there a difference between Dolmar 6000/6800 and the 6400/7300/7900 crankcase?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is no fitment issue other than the exhaust port size differences and for a firewood cutter i am not convinced thats anything to get excited over.

the $210 one on ebay is me...on my site or thru PM's it is $200 shipped.

No, definitely not an issue. Mine isn't muffler modded at this point, as I wanted to break in the saw and ensure it was running good before any further adjustments, but it is on the list of "To-Dos". It certainly looks like you have the best price on eBay.

How can I tell the difference between a 6000i and a 6800i? I bought one as a 6800i but now I ha ve doubts because it doesn't have the stickers and the riveted plate with the information is missing
Anyone knows how to tell the difference without taking the piston out?

How can I tell the difference between a 6000i and a 6800i? I bought one as a 6800i but now I ha ve doubts because it doesn't have the stickers and the riveted plate with the information is missing
Anyone knows how to tell the difference without taking the piston out?

Snap a pic if you can and post it up. A lot of knowledgeable guys on here and someone will help you out. If this thread doesn't get answered, you may start a new thread in the Chainsaw forum so more folks might see it.

Good luck and welcome.

Well I kinda solved my problem: I measured the piston from the muffler port and it is indeed the 46mm of a 6000i instead of the 49mm of the 6800i
It's still a very good saw but I can't say I didn't wish it was the 6800i

Attachments

• 63675585_5b4916e489fbc6-2791884020161124_134828.jpg
    63675585_5b4916e489fbc6-2791884020161124_134828.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Ive just compared a 7910 oem top end and a supposed bbkit (54mm ) and the bbkit definitely isnt 54mm its actually 52mm. Has anyone else noticed this.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

From what I've seen the new 7910 kit has a muffler mismatch issue and the plastic hood for the relocated decomp doesn't like to match up well on older saws. Is it not that big of a deal?

It seems to me that it's enough of an issue to push more toward a high-quality AM big-bore kit. I heard weedeaterman had some nice kits and he was sending caber rings out with some of them. Thoughts?

I just have a hard time justifying $200+ on a "factory kit" that isn't even meant for my saw and has some fitment issues.

IMG_6960.JPG 6401 with a @fordf150 7910 top end. Zero fitment issues besides drilling a new hole for the decomp which you can just barely see behind the top handle. No big deal, less than a minute with a cordless drill and spade bit. Have the new top covers, but they are saved for a side project. My friend makes custom carbon fiber car parts and is going to teach me how to mold and make the top plastics in carbon fiber. So I'm keeping them fresh and clean till the time comes. Then they still won't be used. Had the top end for about two years before finally getting around to installing it. The saw ran so good as it was it was hard to get motivated to tear into it. Haven't done anything to the muffler yet. If the new ones don't melt with a cat in it, the old one isn't going to melt because the opening is a little smaller than that of the cylinder. I'll get to it one of these days though. Whoever said the factory kit isn't made for the saw has been fooled.... it is the same crankcase/crank with different stickers and muffler configurations. One could get the 7910 muffler, but you would be doing yourself a disservice. Just like getting any of the aftermarket top ends. I'd rather have the original 64xx and still have a great saw with plenty torque and better fuel efficiency.

Back