Is there a Stihl E Light bar for the .325" x .063 chain? Looking for lighter bar.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustyb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have the stock 16" bar on my 261. Would like something a bit lighter. Appears Stihl doesn't offer the E Light bar for the .325 .063 chain. Is that correct?

If that is correct, is there something else that's light enough to justify getting a different bar? How about the Oregon Pro Lite?

It would be great too if someone had a comparison of weights for different bars.

Thanks.

I have the stock 16" bar on my 261. Would like something a bit lighter. Appears Stihl doesn't offer the E Light bar for the .325 .063 chain. Is that correct?

If that is correct, is there something else that's light enough to justify getting a different bar? How about the Oregon Pro Lite?

It would be great too if someone had a comparison of weights for different bars.

Thanks.

The Oregon ProLite is a laminated bar. I'm not really clear as to why you would want a 16" "light" bar, but to each their own.

Here is a SugiHara reduced weight in .325 063 67dl.
http://www.woodcuttersgaragellc.com/#!product-page/bp300/5eac7e0f-35b0-99e5-e45d-6f7f63c59b52

If the original bar is a Rollomatic E, you won't find anything that is much lighter with the 3003/D025 mount. A ProLite will be heavier rather than lighter, even though that one is laminated as well. The Sugihara "superlight" laminated bars aren't that light either, despite the name.

However, if your original is an ES bar, there likely are a lot of others that is lighter.

I put a Sugihara on mine. 1/2 oz. heavier than the Stihl bar and looks better IMO. Can't tell the difference when cutting but makes a good conversation piece when people stop by to watch. Both .325 .063 67 DL

image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back