Is there an aftermarket piston for an ECHO CS-5000

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vw_motorsports

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a cs-5000 and I've been trying to locate an aftermarket piston for it with no luck. Has anyone bought an aftermarket piston for the cs-5000

I know this is an old chain, but I am currently trying to determine best fix without spending a lot for a blown CS 5000. Anyone make any progress on an aftermarket piston?

No luck on piston, The only thing I could come up with is using a CS-520/CS-530 crankshaft and then using a AM 520/530 piston

No luck on piston, The only thing I could come up with is using a CS-520/CS-530 crankshaft and then using a AM 520/530 piston
What is the AM 520 piston? Did you do the job or just consider it? It would be so simple just to pop the cylinder and pull the piston and replace rather than pull the whole block and rework! I hate to spend the $80+ to get an OEM piston and may just decide to sell as parts!

The CS5000 and CS520 are totally different , parts will not swap. That CS5000 piston cost a lot at $82, a lot of models are $45 to $55. Steve
I guess the second oil ring doubles the cost! I would think that the Chinese or others could manufacture an aftermarket unit if the demand was high enough. Echo must not have sold very many of the 5000 units.

Back