Is there any real gain by muffler modding an 066?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I took off the muffler today on my 066 and the thing looks pretty opened up already. It is just a single port. I could open the exit hole a bit and open the baffle a bit, or get rid of the baffle all together. or get a dual port cover. any advice?

I took off the muffler today on my 066 and the thing looks pretty opened up already. It is just a single port. I could open the exit hole a bit and open the baffle a bit, or get rid of the baffle all together. or get a dual port cover. any advice?

Get the dual port, retune a little, and you should notice a difference.

All of mine get this done to them,

2010%2520Trip%2520to%2520Alaska%25201253.jpg

2010%2520Trip%2520to%2520Alaska%25201252.jpg

That should really set the bark on fire when you bury the bar?

I have a couple these saws one has the dual port cover and the other has a pipe added in the cover pointing to the side

If it is an early 066 the muffler should have the DP cover and should not be very restrictive as is.

If it is an early 066 the muffler should have the DP cover and should not be very restrictive as is.

it only has one port, it comes out by the bar. Does this mean its a newer saw? it also has a curved top can anyone tell me how old or new this saw could be?

also one of the inner bolts(screws) holding the muffler on came out really hard the whole way. the threads look ok. is this normal or did someone use thread lock?????I busted my knuckles on the chain a couple of times slipping off,,almost threw the saw on the floor....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back