Is this a fake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I did some looking and the guy is trying to pedal it in multiple locations. I'm guessing probably an outright fake. I'm not above owning a fake, but not at $750.

Aftermarket, fake, clone, whatever suits the purpose :)

I'm not anti-fakery....I really want someone to launch an 880 clone! I'll probably never commit to buying a legit one, but a clone would be doable :)

I can't imagine how many people are had by these things. I saw one pop up right after I bought a brand new 661 at the exorbitant retail pricing, and briefly kicked myself.

I'm no chainsaw guy, not by any stretch of the imagination. I could have very easily been had.

I agree that calling a Chi660 anything but a Chi660 is an attempt to defraud.

I have no problem with people paying a fair price for fake/aftermarket/copy/duplicate as long as they know what it is. We all buy cheap stuff in the hopes that it'll live up to our expectations. Sometime it does and sometimes it doesn't, but we know going in what we're getting into.

To me the whole lure of these kits is building one yourself. I agree that if assembled the labor(and knowledge) is certainly worth something, but that only counts when it is on the up and up and both ends know what they're dealing with.

Latest posts

Back