Mcculloch ProMac 510 issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebiang2001

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello,

At Mcculloch ProMac 510, it starts and after a few seconds it stops, decreasing the speed until it goes out. the carburetor is clean, the spark seems to be ok. what can it be? does it draw fake air somewhere (around the crankshaft oil seals)? Can someone help me? Thanks!

I also have another Mcculloch ProMac 510 that starts very hard, with gasoline in the carburetor, but after it starts, everything is ok. After an hour, it starts hard again. What can it be?

The first one sounds like an impulse issue, check to be sure the gaskets are in good condition on either side of the insulator, and also make sure the insulator is flat on both sides. Don't rule out the carburetor itself, make sure the metering lever is set correctly, and insure the metering diaphragm is quite pliable.

On the second one, make sure the metering needle seats properly to prevent flooding when it sets. While you are in the carburetor, again make sure the metering diaphragm is pliable. Sometimes if the fuel pump diaphragm is aged and the flaps get curled it can be hard to start without a prime, once the engine is spinning fast enough they may move enough to work.

Mark

The first one sounds like an impulse issue, check to be sure the gaskets are in good condition on either side of the insulator, and also make sure the insulator is flat on both sides. Don't rule out the carburetor itself, make sure the metering lever is set correctly, and insure the metering diaphragm is quite pliable.

On the second one, make sure the metering needle seats properly to prevent flooding when it sets. While you are in the carburetor, again make sure the metering diaphragm is pliable. Sometimes if the fuel pump diaphragm is aged and the flaps get curled it can be hard to start without a prime, once the engine is spinning fast enough they may move enough to work.

Mark
Hi Mark,
Can you recommend a provider for the gasket kit for the Walbro carburetor on the PM 510
Thanks

I am not familiar with the particular Walbro carburetors used on the SP40/PM510 saws so I am unable to identify the carburetor kit required.

You should be able to find a Walbro part number on your carburetor, a search with that information should take you in the right direction.

Mark

Back