Is this a Homelite xl- 922 super??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 922 was running great and out of know where it bogged out and started to backfire. Was just wondering if you had any ideas.

I actually pulled my 922 out the other day. It ran so so, gotta dig back into that carb when I get a free moment.

Nice to see another 922 running. FWIW, SKF 6119 seals are a direct swap for OEM on both sides. I like to play it safe.

my 922 was running great and out of know where it bogged out and started to backfire. Was just wondering if you had any ideas.

Hard to tell. If it were sudden like you mentioned, I would be leaning toward ignition timing. Flywheel/key sheared or missing?

Nice to see another 922 running. FWIW, SKF 6119 seals are a direct swap for OEM on both sides. I like to play it

Hard to tell. If it were sudden like you mentioned, I would be leaning toward ignition timing. Flywheel/key sheared or missing?
Nice to see another 922 running. FWIW, SKF 6119 seals are a direct swap for OEM on both sides. I like to play it safe.

I will check. Thank you for the advice.

These pics bring back old memories of my very first timber felling saw. Homelite XL924, bought only very slightly used, in summer of 1972. Used it a few months, burned up the top end, rebuilt it with 925 jug and piston. After 3 years in the Army, I came back to the woods and ran it some more. Then on to other Homeys-two 450s and a 550.
Picked up a 2100 Husqvarna in 1980 and never looked at a Homey again! Ran Husky 480s, 281s, 288s the rest of my felling career.
Now my stable is full of Huskys, lots of Stihls, and Echo, a Hitachi, a Makita, all runners. I'm living the easy life of an arborist after all those years and years as a timber feller. I try to use at least 3 or 4 saws a day so they all stay happy.
I can't believe we ran those 925s without hearing protection back then! It's a wonder I'm not deaf.

I can't believe we ran those 925s without hearing protection back then! It's a wonder I'm not deaf.
I think the lower revving saws even though they were louder, do not cause as much hearing damage as the new screamers.

If I run ported saws like a 346 or 550 even with muffs I get terrible tinnitus. No issues if I run the older girls. And I know a few loggers (chainsaw operators, not joystick operators) in their 60's who I would have thought would be deaf but they hear just fine.

Here is the bulletin for the HS-151. I've got HS-16x's and they are the same setup with the semi-fixed H. Yep, it was more than a bit unnerving the first time when running them with the H just about seated. Good design, though.
thanks! I think mine is the HS151B carb. not sure yet what the difference is between A and B. unless that's an 8 in the number.

PXL_20231221_204331440.MP2.jpg

just realized this thread is 3 years old...
You hear how the tinmans saw is dying down after the throttle stab? The governor is dumping fuel before it settles back into the hole.
The 944vi saw has a compression release incorporated into the throttle lock, I did a base gasket delete on my build because of that.
20231231_063912.jpg20231231_063903.jpg

Back