is this how you score a piston?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHJim

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have read numerous times folks mentioning that you score a piston by having a bad mixure of oil/gas. Is this the way you score a pistion? Are there other ways to score a piston besides having improper mixture? Just wondering...and I have never seen a scored pistion...

I have read numerous times folks mentioning that you score a piston by having a bad mixure of oil/gas. Is this the way you score a pistion? Are there other ways to score a piston besides having improper mixture? Just wondering...and I have never seen a scored pistion...
Insufficient or poor quality two-cycle mix. An air leak, seal,(bearing in the case of the 385/390), cylinder gasket. Water or debris ingestion due to a poor filtration system or damaged air filter, (damage will be on the intake side of the piston skirt). There are many ways to damage a piston and cylinder.

I saw a guy rock his chai badly and just keep cutting through a 20ish" piece of oak. it quit cutting but he just kept pushing harder. the almost new 350 never got through that cut it finally seized up. I have two of his saws virtually identicall problem. both basically trash.

I saw a guy rock his chai badly and just keep cutting through a 20ish" piece of oak. it quit cutting but he just kept pushing harder. the almost new 350 never got through that cut it finally seized up. I have two of his saws virtually identicall problem. both basically trash.

Over heating is certainaly a killer of two strokes.
pioneerguy600

I lost my 372 when some kids were cutting a tree at 30 feet. I thought it was bad gas, but it could have been dull too. It seized. I couldn't tell what was going on from the ground. They didn't know.

Reckon what happened?

Latest posts

Back