is this metoer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
its on the bay I want to order asap as theyre are only two
attachment.php

its 372 piston

i did he probly wont respond till monday

It could be meteor, but most guys who know about 2 cycle pistons would advertise it as such. I bought an 044 piston from ebay seller Dandrikop and forgot to read the fine print. He shows you a meteor box and piston but sells a Greek espian, it's an ok piston but he mislead you into thinking you're getting meteor. He doesn't lie, but read carefully and don't expect to get the best product.

It could be meteor, but most guys who know about 2 cycle pistons would advertise it as such. I bought an 044 piston from ebay seller Dandrikop and forgot to read the fine print. He shows you a meteor box and piston but sells a Greek espian, it's an ok piston but he mislead you into thinking you're getting meteor. He doesn't lie, but read carefully and don't expect to get the best product.

Been there, done that. Some of the gang here who bought from this guy in Greece said they actually got a Meteor piston, i guess it depends on the model of saw, all i get are the Espian ones as well but they seem ok, no problems yet.

+1 on this.. I didn't get a meteor either.

Regarding the original post, the meteor box is a big selling point, it would almost certainly be in the pic (and be advertised as such) if it were a meteor.

If it's the guy from Greece,don't expect it to arrive next week.It will get here,but think more along the line of up to 3 weeks to arrive.
Bailey's would be my choice,northwood saw has them too.Whichever has them in stock when you need it.

ME too , worst thing was that the piston was supposed to fit the MS440 but it had a 10 mm pin, will only fit an older 044. I kept it in case I come across an older 044 with the 10 mm wrist pin. Even reading the fine print does not mean you will get what you want, last time I checked his site he still has that piston listed as fitting the MS440.
Pioneerguy600

I got an Episan from Dandrikop as well. Good point on delivery time. Took mine 3 weeks to make it. I was satisfied with the product in the end.

i cant say his name for fear of plugn a non sponsor. i have bougth from him before, brad gets parts from aswell. if i buy this weekend he will recieve funds right away and ill likly have the piston no later than wedsday. very fast shipping. ive been very impressed with this seller.

on the listing it does not state whatbrand nor does it have pic of meteor box.

im guesn this as woodland pro or meteor.

i think im gona pull the trigger with no response from him.

Evan

ive got bottom end for both the 10mm and 12mm saws so im out nothing if it comes one way the other when ordering 44 440 pistons. i was actualy thinkn about getn my 440 going. this one running ported top end

Last edited:
i cant say his name for fear of plugn a non sponsor. i have bougth from him before, brad gets parts from aswell. if i buy this weekend he will recieve funds right away and ill likly have the piston no later than wedsday. very fast shipping. ive been very impressed with this seller.

on the listing it does not state whatbrand nor does it have pic of meteor box.

im guesn this as woodland pro or meteor.

i think im gona pull the trigger with no response from him.

Evan

ive got bottom end for both the 10mm and 12mm saws so im out nothing if it comes one way the other when ordering 44 440 pistons. i was actualy thinkn about getn my 440 going. this one running ported top end

Hope it isnt a Golf piston. im rebuilding a 28 super right now that had a golf piston. JUNK! Ring broke and trashed the top end. Piston looked new as well. You could tell the piston skirts werent machined worth crap by the advanced wear in certain parts of the skirt. I will never use a golf piston.

golf pistons arent shiny like that.

i ran gold piston in the 084 i built. i also under no fault of the piston had to tear this saw down after the build to fix a few things. i noticed no accelerated wear anywhere.

i would also consider the golf piston i used to be of good quality.

i would contrubuit ring breakage to assembly rather than the piston or rings being of bad quality. maybe accelerated wear was due to the piston being out of round. maybe aluminum transfer in the cylinder caused acelerated wear. sounds like someone tried to revive the super. trashed ring on assembly and didnt get all the transfer removed from the cylinder walls

golf pistons arent shiny like that.

i ran gold piston in the 084 i built. i also under no fault of the piston had to tear this saw down after the build to fix a few things. i noticed no accelerated wear anywhere.

i would also consider the golf piston i used to be of good quality.

i would contrubuit ring breakage to assembly rather than the piston or rings being of bad quality. maybe accelerated wear was due to the piston being out of round. maybe aluminum transfer in the cylinder caused acelerated wear. sounds like someone tried to revive the super. trashed ring on assembly and didnt get all the transfer removed from the cylinder walls

The piston was trash, I will post pics so you can see what I mean. The rings are trash too.

or it wasnt new and the golf survived a long life that ended when the ring broke, awaiting pics

The piston was trash, I will post pics so you can see what I mean. The rings are trash too.

His mind is set that aftermarket pistons are of the same quality as OEM across the board. So be it. Perhaps I'll try a Meteor some day, perhaps not. Personally, I'd save up the money until I could afford the OEM. I'm past the instant gratification point in my life. Now, while nothing is certain, I'd rather pay the extra as not to have and redo it once again and run the possibility of causing further damage. I look forward to your pictures.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=103261

His mind is set that aftermarket pistons are of the same quality as OEM across the board. So be it. Perhaps I'll try a Meteor some day, perhaps not. Personally, I'd save up the money until I could afford the OEM. I'm past the instant gratification point in my life. Now, while nothing is certain, I'd rather pay the extra as not to have and redo it once again and run the possibility of causing further damage. I look forward to your pictures.

I will post pics tonight. Have to download the 4th of July batons deal we just got back from with my 5 year old girl. You will see what I mean that its a newer piston, the machine marks are all still on it except in longitudinal rings in 3 places. Barely any darkening on the crown.

Hope it isnt a Golf piston. im rebuilding a 28 super right now that had a golf piston. JUNK! Ring broke and trashed the top end. Piston looked new as well. You could tell the piston skirts werent machined worth crap by the advanced wear in certain parts of the skirt. I will never use a golf piston.

I can't believe this, but I am going to agree with bowtie. Golf pistons are flat out junk if you are going to buy a piston for an everyday runner. They might be fine for a low-budget restoration/backup saw, but Meteor is far and away much better quality than Golf. I might also add that OEM is better than Meteor. I don't think Tecomec makes pistons for the 372, but they are as close to OEM as I have seen.

I can't believe this, but I am going to agree with bowtie. Golf pistons are flat out junk if you are going to buy a piston for an everyday runner. They might be fine for a low-budget restoration/backup saw, but Meteor is far and away much better quality than Golf. I might also add that OEM is better than Meteor. I don't think Tecomec makes pistons for the 372, but they are as close to OEM as I have seen.

I cant believe this either, but I agree with PB. Its too bad Tecomec doesnt make pistons and cylinders for more applications. i have used Meteors in a few saws and so far, good luck. I think most of us agree that OEM is the best way to go. It just stinks that most OEM products are so much higher in price.

I cant believe this either, but I agree with PB. Its too bad Tecomec doesnt make pistons and cylinders for more applications. i have used Meteors in a few saws and so far, good luck. I think most of us agree that OEM is the best way to go. It just stinks that most OEM products are so much higher in price.

Good gosh, I agree with the both of you. What's this world coming to?:cheers:

Man, being past the gratification point in your life must "suck" when i get that old and broken down please just roll me in a hole and cover it up quick.:greenchainsaw:

Back