Getting annoyed with Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelhamjeff

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morning folks. I ordered an OEM piston for an 046 somewhere around mid December and still haven't seen it. I ordered it thru the dealership where I work. We have had several stock orders come in since I ordered the piston. Has anybody else run into this? One of my coworkers said maybe they have to come from Germany on these older saws. The silver lining is, I've had plenty of time to clean up and check out the rest of the saw while I wait..and wait..

I paid up front for the one I'm waiting for and it would be frowned upon for me to try to cancel the order. It's an option though but trying to be patient. I've heard many good things and a few bad comments about meteor, but I'm definitely going to be putting one in an 064 pretty soon. Thanks

Morning folks. I ordered an OEM piston for an 046 somewhere around mid December and still haven't seen it. I ordered it thru the dealership where I work. We have had several stock orders come in since I ordered the piston. Has anybody else run into this? One of my coworkers said maybe they have to come from Germany on these older saws. The silver lining is, I've had plenty of time to clean up and check out the rest of the saw while I wait..and wait..
What is the part number they ordered?

We keep side start assemblies for BR800X's on the shelf. At least two.
We got a case half for a MS462 in a couple of days., flywheel side cause it was broken around the oil cap. Pretty new saw.
If they have it in Hillsborough N.C. we may get it the next day, or two days.

I'm a little curious how their distribution is set up.

We keep side start assemblies for BR800X's on the shelf. At least two.
We got a case half for a MS462 in a couple of days., flywheel side cause it was broken around the oil cap. Pretty new saw.
If they have it in Hillsborough N.C. we may get it the next day, or two days.

I'm a little curious how their distribution is set up.
I know zip about it but it seems less than efficient.

You might also try a buddy overseas?
I needed parts for my 076 AV Super...a lot of things long discontinued by Stihl in N America.

I mentioned it to a buddy in Australia, he took the part numbers, and everything was at his rural dealer in a matter of days. Mail was fast, I had everything in under 2 weeks.

Its strange that a lot of parts aren't available in the states, while they might take their sweet time to get to me, I have been able to get anything I order here in Canada. I recently went to the dealer to ask about an 044 starter, they can get it to me in a week for $110, you can't even get it for less than that as a NOS online. Never had a part that they can't get me.

Did you check ebiz to see if your distributor had it in stock before you ordered?

Back