Is this saw worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

remdawg

Orange is the new black.
Reaction score
Hey all. I inherited a Poulan Micro 25 top handle with a broken starter rope. It seems to be nearly all metal construction with a 14" bar. Was this saw made when Poulan was respected? Is this a keeper or should I not waste the money fixing the starter and tuning it up? I could use a small top handle saw...

id say if its just a rope and you can do it by all means put a rope in it

Heck yes fix it. I have a little 38cc top handle, for whatever reason the cylinder was loose when I bought it.

I took the base out and it is an amazing little saw.

Fix it. I have a Craftsman like it. The only thing with mine is I would have to buy a rope with the handle attached to it already or retrofit it with one like that. In other words, you can't just cut the rope and put new rope thought the handle and keep the same handle. The rope is made into the handle. Soooooo....fix it.

Fix it. I have a Craftsman like it. The only thing with mine is I would have to buy a rope with the handle attached to it already or retrofit it with one like that. In other words, you can't just cut the rope and put new rope thought the handle and keep the same handle. The rope is made into the handle. Soooooo....fix it.

Why not just drill a hole in the handle...get old rope out...insert new rope...tie a figure 8 knot...and go cut wood..!!..??

J2F

Yes, very much worth fixing. I've had several, have one now and they have all been difficult to tune. Adjustment of the L or H needles seemed to affect the other more so than in other saws. There was more overlap. Also they all needed to warm up well before running right.

Latest posts

Back