ISA Tree Worker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canyonbc

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Reading the application booklet for becoming a certfied tree worker ISA....wondering how long does the climbing take.

Doesnt seem to long?

How high do you have to get up, are there videos out there

Thanks
Canyon

Ctw

They have a 50 questions test, 5 Tree IDs. Know how to Tie the 9 Knots. and then the Practical Climb .You have 20 min. to get to the top tie in point. If you have not made it by than the test is over. 30 min. for the hole climb. It is not that bad I was 52 when I did it . Not the oldest but close. I never found out how long it took . Following instructions ans Safety is the Key

So for the climb sounds like if your in the business and been doing this some time you will be fine...but be sure to focus and following the instructions and being safe...sounds good

Thank you

Ctw

My partner came to AR from Sacramento California and he was made to redo his CTW certification theWestern chapter did not send anything back to the ISA as we know it. Try to make sure they will be a ISA CTW that is good anywhere in the World and not just a Western Chapter?

I started to get that credential but climbing professionally
over two decades don't really need it and have been preparing
for ca instead and figure at my level of experience it would better
serve my objectives.

Ropensaddle

With two decades of climbing experince...i would do the same thing your doing...but i am a little different situation. I have been climbing for about 11 months now and am a college student. I have been doing brush clearing and felling trees for about 3 years...but that is not full time.

I think this is the first credential i can get of any sort..

one step at a time

Ctw

I had been in the Biz for 25 years when I took it. At 17 years I became a CA. I know it is meant more for the newer Climbers but I do believe the time is coming that it will mean more to the Insurance Co. if not the customers.
I was up to Mayflower AR. with our class yesterday for the Vermeer/Sherrill. Chain Saw Safety, Rigging to Remove Seminar. Good show like always. I was talking with Pete Rausch of Little Rock, He was saying that AR is up to 75 CA's Go for it we need more in this State. Their was only around 36 when I came down from IL. in 2000.and 6 had the last name of West from West Tree Service

Ya i agree that there will be a time when cost for your premium will have a big affect on being certfied or not. Heck, it might have already i am not certfied so i wouldnt no.

Certifications

It will run like the CDL drivers license. One could haven truck for to long with out any tickets or accidents and still have to get a CDL someday. I know Early on one could grand Father in to a CDL, but not anymore. A lot of times it is all about the $$$ changing hands (yours to theirs)
But still I do believe certification is good for us and our green industry

Thats true

and i agree...it is a good thing to have, even if not for the customer or the insurance company atleast your self.

Back