It is December, the ms500i watch game

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What day will the 500i finally get released in the USA? First 2 weeks?

• Total voters
I bought a second ms500i a few weeks ago. Selling off a 390xp and my 572xp (cuts good, but hardly ever starts one pull warm). My first one is well over a year old and it’s seen a good amount of trigger time. It also took a ~40’ drop out of a tree when a big ash top didn’t go as planned. Replaced AV mounts and a wrap handle, she was back in business. (Had to order AV parts from Greece, got the part number for the handle bar from the Euro IPL and my dealer was able to order it, even though he couldn’t see the IPL himself).

Bare in mind, I have a lot of 70cc saws (7900, 044 10mm, ms440, 372, 572, etc). Numerous 461, 2171, 371, 441 and 460’s over the years too. This 500i is by far my favorite. Only thing that will sway your mind would be a ported saw.

. Replaced AV mounts and a wrap handle, she was back in business. (Had to order AV parts from Greece, got the part number for the handle bar from the Euro IPL and my dealer was able to order it, even though he couldn’t see the IPL himself).

Did you notice any difference in the av stiffness after the change? Apparently the newer 500's are coming with stiffer springs...

Did you notice any difference in the av stiffness after the change? Apparently the newer 500's are coming with stiffer springs...

I don’t have much trigger time on the new one and half the AV mounts are replaced on my older one. With that said, I haven’t noticed a difference between the two. However, I could see why some would want stiffer springs, as it does feel a little supple. Doesn’t bother me though.

How many is lots ?
Most that are running them with big bars. But there was talk of the newer ones coming with stiffer mounts and possibly a change to the bar stud area of the case. Dont get me wrong, the 500 is an awesome saw, but the guys felling big wood on the west coast will find the weakness of any saw thats for sure.

I just asked my dealer, said he has several sold if he can get them but still cant . He thinks it is a northeast thing, perhaps that he is not a big dealer too.

Most that are running them with big bars. But there was talk of the newer ones coming with stiffer mounts and possibly a change to the bar stud area of the case. Dont get me wrong, the 500 is an awesome saw, but the guys felling big wood on the west coast will find the weakness of any saw thats for sure.
Can anyone confirm that the new saws will have stiffer anti vibe?

Latest posts

Back