It warmed up... I'm sweatin'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After two weeks of near straight below zero nights and single digit days (a few teens) my wife got in a sort'a habit of reloading the furnace between 2:30 and 3:00 PM. That's been about perfect... the house is warm when the boy gets off the bus, I come home 'round 5:30 to a comfortable 70-71°.

When I loaded the furnace this morning at 5:00 I knew it was supposed to warm up today... I went light with the load. So, when the wife, out'a habit, went down to load and opened the door, it looked lower than she'd become used to. Without thinkin', she loaded it with a bit more than she had been because it was down. Well... we hit 33° today, she likely wouldn't have needed to load it at all.

I pulled in tonight and both doors are propped open. She meets me at the door (in bra and panties :surprised3:) and says... "Sorry Stud."
When I stepped in the house my bifocals steamed over so bad they might'a dripped water‼
It's friggin 80° in here... and the doors are still open‼

But it does allow me one gimmie... I'm bound to make the same mistake sometime late March or April.
Too bad we have a 6-year-old runnin' 'round :(... at our age there ain't a lot'a runnin' 'round the house in bras and panties anymore :(

Funny same thoughts tonight. It got up into the 20°'s today, now it is 75° in the house with the stoves smoldering, and we are considering opening the windows. lol about 2 weeks of minus zero highs will do that.
One day you complain you can't get it warm enough, next day you are opening windows to let heat out.

That is the issue with wood heat. Last weekend I stayed out the night for the game, (no more drinking and driving) left the wife in charge of loading the furnace. She fell asleep and forgot to load it for the overnight. Came home in the morning to a 57* house. Then the weather guesers where wrong by 15* the next night and I woke up to a 77* house in the morning, So no morning wood which made me come home from work to a cold house. Doesn't happen often but its a pain when it does.

This ain't my fault... you asked for it :laughing:

fat-japanese-man-bra.jpg

I really don't need to hear about you running around your house in your bra and panties.

Latest posts

Back