Itching for another saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The chainsaw forum

The chainsaw forum is there something i"m missing?

Kydan,

From the home page, scroll down to the section titled "Equipment Forums". There's one titled "Chainsaw".

You're in for a real treat!! That's where the majority of the posts on this site are. Just watch out ... spend too much time there, and you'll contract CAD (Chainsaw Addiction Disease). Those guys will get you to drink the "chainsaw koolaid" and before you know it your savings and checking accounts are drained and you eat, sleep and breath chainsaws. :dizzy:

Check it out when you have about 5 hours to spend. You'll be amazed at what you can learn there.

God bless,
Chris

We like saws here in the heating forum too! :givebeer: :givebeer:
:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

Some of the best are the J-red 2171 - got one myself. + ms 440. + xp 372. Many other favs too. You already got the 361.

Last edited:
I regret not spending the extra money and buying the MS260. I like the 250 okay, but I just never pick it up to do my limbing ... I'm not crazy about the vibration or the .325 chain.

I think I'm going to sell the 250 and pick up the 260. My 250 has only had about 5-6 tanks of fuel run through it. Practically brand new. Right after I bought the thing, I bought a bunch of extra stuff for it. Eight chains, new clutch drum w/ rim sprocket, spare fuel filter, e-clips and clutch washer. I'm going to take a beating on it price wise I'm sure :dizzy: , but I'd rather get something I will actually use.

Love the 361 -- it is a great firewood saw.

God bless,
Chris

I regret not spending the extra money and buying the MS260. I like the 250 okay, but I just never pick it up to do my limbing ... I'm not crazy about the vibration or the .325 chain.

I think I'm going to sell the 250 and pick up the 260. My 250 has only had about 5-6 tanks of fuel run through it. Practically brand new. Right after I bought the thing, I bought a bunch of extra stuff for it. Eight chains, new clutch drum w/ rim sprocket, spare fuel filter, e-clips and clutch washer. I'm going to take a beating on it price wise I'm sure :dizzy: , but I'd rather get something I will actually use.

Love the 361 -- it is a great firewood saw.

God bless,
Chris

Vibration with the .325 chain?? I have a .325 chain on my 290 and have virtually no vibration running that saw at all. And I do love my saws...

Last edited:
Put that 250 on E-bay. Used Stihl's go for crazy money on E-bay. If you want top dollar, wait till late fall early winter.

Thanks for the suggestion vibes. I'm going to do just that!! But sooner rather than later -- I want that 260 now!! And the wife says I need to sell the 250 before I can get the new one!

Last edited:
charles, charles--wives????? they important---your going to have to learn--that you dont tell them of the saws youve bought!!!!! and dont tell them of the saws youve sold------that way they dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!! :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

olyman,

Funny post!!! Got me laughing!!

It's the joint checking account that trips me up every time. That and the fact that my employer doesn't pay me with cash :mad:

Latest posts

Back