• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

What kind of chain is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mike

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
<Moved by moderation from the homeowner helper forum>

Can anybody tell me what kind of chain this is on this chainsaw I've never seen a chain like this in my entire life.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200623-105533.png
    Screenshot_20200623-105533.png
    975 KB · Views: 0
Right off an dull one that needs grinding but an odd one with the double depth gages. Grinding a lot of chains for customers, I've seen that before but just overlooked it. Kind of reminds me of the low kickback PICO chains that come on some short bar box store pruning saws but they drop (depth gage height) just like normal loops do. looking at the amount of buildup on the heel of the teeth, I'm surprised it cuts at all. Probably 'burns' it's way through a limb.

Can anybody tell me what kind of chain this is on this chainsaw I've never seen a chain like this in my entire life.

Carbide tooth. You'll get better responses posting your own thread in the chainsaw section, not tagging on someone else's thread in the homeowner helper section.

Rapco rescue chain. Designed for the fire service to cut through structural/ building materials when venting a roof, etc.

There are some threads that focus on these types of chains.

Cheap carbide tooth at that. All the ones I'm familiar with are solid (not brazed on teeth and require a diamond grinding wheel to sharpen.

Very expensive ($300 per loop?) chain. The cutters tend to chip, rather than dull, and are typically replaced as a unit.

Philbert

Back