it's a firewood hauler thing...now

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
Reaction score
recently finished upgrading a "new to me" trailer I found on CL

been looking for several months for something lightweight, tall, sturdy, and cheap

she's rewired to 5 prong, and changed out to a 2" ball...for similarity, not payload

since there are no brakes, the blue wire is hooked to this

2012-03-09_14-27-43_376.jpg

should be handy when backing in the dark (that never happens...?)

there's a shelf on the front, but I didn't have the money or materials to buy/fab a toolbox up

so this'll work for now...don't laugh!

2012-03-09_14-27-24_852.jpg

my favorite no-cost mod are the hooks along the sides...spaced to be centered on each row of rounds...used a bunch of old 1/2 inch cable clamps I had laying around (for some forgotten purpose)

now the Jeep gets to earn her keep...she's been living the easy toy life until now

2012-03-09_14-27-02_708.jpg

should be a good setup for the place I cut...high pasture bordered with draws full of trees...access down into the draws is by overgrown road

won't haul much at one time, but will have mobility and a winch

plus I can leave the flatbed sit for it's primary use...hauling to the job

cheers!

Sweet! I applaud anyone who makes do with what they have or can scrounge up on the cheap instead of breaking out the plastic and buying new ****. That's some nice hillbilly engineering (even though you're a flatlander) you've brewed up!

Sweet! I applaud anyone who makes do with what they have or can scrounge up on the cheap instead of breaking out the plastic and buying new ****. That's some nice hillbilly engineering (even though you're a flatlander) you've brewed up!

+1 Yep! I'm not laughing, that would work for me... You did good..

Love it!
I have been looking for something exactly like that. No luck however, seems that trailers around here are worth their weight in gold. I'm jealous!
Congrats! I will still be hauling one pick up load at a time!

Where from? I'm also a flatland transplant. Grew up in MT, spent some time in Everett, WA, got a degree (and a wife) in Pullman, WA.

born in Walla Walla, WA (yep...like the looney tunes salesman), grew up in Colville, WA and around Pendleton, OR (50/50 basically)...degree in Portland, OR...then the AF sent me out to see the wide, wide world!

where in MT? have a sister in Helena, and spent some time up by Flathead Lk, and down my Bozeman.

the plains have their own beauty, but sometimes I miss that mountain air and evergreen scent...

born in Walla Walla, WA (yep...like the looney tunes salesman), grew up in Colville, WA and around Pendleton, OR (50/50 basically)...degree in Portland, OR...then the AF sent me out to see the wide, wide world!

where in MT? have a sister in Helena, and spent some time up by Flathead Lk, and down my Bozeman.

the plains have their own beauty, but sometimes I miss that mountain air and evergreen scent...

Billings - the armpit of Montana, but even the worst of Montana is better than the best of most other states! :rock::heart:;)
Spent lots of time in Yakima with the National Guard. Brother in Portland. Yes, the flatness is killing me. I miss my mountains! Hope to get out there this summer, though. My folks still live there, and I try and get in at least a good hike each time, although I'm sore for days afteward. Nothing around here to hike on. It's so flat you could watch your dog run away for a week!

Back