It's a Pacific Northwest thing... you wouldn't understand!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PNW were the real men cut big trees. A place we’re men are men and the sheep are scared.lol

I was born on the wrong side of our country. I was told to go west young man, but did I listen? Nope.

I was born in the wrong century too. I was born 200 years too late.

Damn this thread is old as dirt.

Lol... That it is...

G'mornin yerself! How's things?

Doing well. With all this down time, I've been playing around with saws and figured I hadn't been here for eons. Gotta shake the tree and see who falls out.

Gary

When I was working in Southern Oregon I came across the biggest fir tree ever for me at that time. This was some time in the late sixties. The stump was a little over twelve feet across. since I went there several times I counted the rings not once not twice but three times. Two thousand rings. Then I started working above Lytle Creek CA where I found a tree fourteen feet across. It was too badly burned to count the rings as was stated the oldest tree in California. Joe Elliot Memorial. Before it burned I did not notice it much because there were many other large trees around. I have not seen any large trees in the PN in more than thirty years. Does any body know of any large trees still growing in the PN. I took down a fir on my property that counted fifteen hundred rings, but I did save the top, but not sure why as it does not tell very many stories. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1366W.jpg
    IMG_1366W.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1367W.jpg
    IMG_1367W.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
My bad I meant to say Northern Oregon about eighty miles South of Pendleton. I was there two months ago and did not see any old growth anything. I hope a couple are still around. I remember one sale that had at least a hundred old growth trees on it. Probably will never see that again or at least a thousand years from now. Thanks

Bump...

G'mornin' you knuckleheads.

Gary

Gary? The swabbie? Holy moly. Sorry dude, everyone here on AS has forgotten what a 372xp, 044, 026, or 036 are any more. They have all been replced with FarmerTEC and Hutzl knock-offs. They will all be upgraded soon with Huawei's G5 internet portals soon. So when they fail, you can still use them to watch YouTube videos and post on AS. Wuhan virus sterilizing is also available on all parts imported from china, though they are being hoarded and may take a year to get here.

Same as it ever was...

Of course their livers are huge, they stay drunk all the time.

Yes have to say most of the people I knew from the PNW area consumed much. My immediate supervisor always said he tipped a few most nights. I worked with him for close to a year before I actually went to his home or he let me. He implied he needed about a case every day to just stay going. I helped his wife one afternoon unload some things from her pickup. I asked why the beer and she said this was the normal weekly supply. I will move them wherever and she said just put them by the door as next week will be more. About ten cases worth. In lest than twenty minutes he went through a six pack. I was wondering how he was never late in the AM. As a youngster during the fifties the cowboys and Indians drank more than a little during the Pendleton Roundup. I had never seen lifeless bodies before laying on the streets with blankets over them. It seemed like nobody took notice. Thanks

Yes have to say most of the people I knew from the PNW area consumed much. My immediate supervisor always said he tipped a few most nights. I worked with him for close to a year before I actually went to his home or he let me. He implied he needed about a case every day to just stay going. I helped his wife one afternoon unload some things from her pickup. I asked why the beer and she said this was the normal weekly supply. I will move them wherever and she said just put them by the door as next week will be more. About ten cases worth. In lest than twenty minutes he went through a six pack. I was wondering how he was never late in the AM. As a youngster during the fifties the cowboys and Indians drank more than a little during the Pendleton Roundup. I had never seen lifeless bodies before laying on the streets with blankets over them. It seemed like nobody took notice. Thanks
Well Ted I've never seen sleepers in the streets stateside...…..but I have seen that very thing in Costa Rica.....at 2:00 in the afternoon.....cars and bikes just swerving around 'em….right out in front of the bar....normal day....LOL!!

Yeah, we got sleepers in the streets, but they don't tip a bottle, they smoke the hippie lettuce and shoot the devils sauce.
Used to be you only found them in the big cities, but that changed with the spotted owl being used to kill off small towns and the logging that supported them.
Now you find them everywhere, but still mostly in the big cities.

Saw mechanic and salesman from The great state of Jefferson

Also lived in the Seattle area back in the day

Latest posts

Back