Its baaaack...best new tool for climber training ever.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treevet

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Get em a line with a spliced end, saddle and lanyard, handsaw and...http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=161&item=9090

Send em up a easy climber after some training on pruning from the ground first. Watch em. Let em do harder and harder pruning jobs. No knots to learn, just learn to climb and position for cuts. Then move em up to rigging.

Already saw a pic of a new model cracking. Hasn't been confirmed yet to my knowledge. Enough bad juju for me to completely lose interest though.

ps just ordered a zz2 fm TS. so I can have one on my 2nd short rope I climb with 2 lines in biggies. prob get a third for training.

Even though I mostly climb Ddrt, I sure am glad that when that longer climb into the canopy comes about I can grab my one rope tool and rock out single style.

I think the Hitch Hiker still wins. No moving parts or bearings or pivot points. Srt or Ddrt. Simple, effective, and $100 cheaper. If a guy wants to learn to climb he should learn how to tie hitches and knots before he ever leaves the ground. PERIOD.
I disagree. This is a period where one washes out or moves on to learn more. PERIOD. not big on wasting time.

I have to admit that today while way up in a big oak doing pruning, dd wood and cutbacks, 2 different times I had both beaners at both attachment points cantilevered which was the reason the
zz was deep sixed. I am very aware of my gear and did not sit into the weight however I can see how someone would and I believe an instructor was bouncing into it when it broke.

I will probably ask to trade in my old ZZ once my new one arrives this week.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cantilever

Latest posts

Back